Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Changing Turn Signal Tone ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:29 PM
Default Changing Turn Signal Tone ?

Just purchased a 2012 Outlander SE and the sound of the turn signal is soooooo annoying it makes me re-think my decision to go through with buying it lol.

I did sift through the Manual and it says it can be changed but the stated instructions are not the best to follow .

It says to hold down the info button for 2 seconds or more then the menu will come up showing arrows for turn signals and you choose the sound accordingly. I hold down the info button and nothing happens , nothing pops up . I’ve tried it with the car off, on, in Park, natural .

Starting to wonder if I’m just doing something wrong or if it’s just broken .

Old 08-01-2018, 05:19 PM

Hi Adam

You need to be parked up, use the info button (normal single press) to cycle through until you get to the settings option. Hold the button down to bring up the menu. Quickly pressing the button moves down to the next option, holding down will select/change the option. You can change the turn signals from setting 2 (which sounds hilarious but annoying) to setting 1, which is normal and barely audible. When mine was in setting two I alternated between laughing out loud every turn I made and saying "No, that has to go!"