Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 AM

Hi,

I'm back I finally succeed to install the radio with a Mito-02, sounds is back... But I had to modify the rdio connections to make it work correctly.

I now have an other challenge, which I think should be not too complicated is to make the steering wheel working. I got some tracks to follow.

The radio/GPS/Bluetooth etc is working fine, the only anoying stuff is that radio station is displayed by number (ie 80.7 Mhz), but the radio name is not displayed.....

Old 03-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by monkasko
I've buyed this one : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...ht_4343wt_1006

I am waiting for delivery, they have holidays now... I'll post some pics when it'll be installed...
Originally Posted by bigmac747
I am new to the site. After going through the post I feel confident in carrying out the aftermarket upgrade to the Outlander basic audio system.

I have opted for an internationally purchased aftermarket unit. (Hong Kong)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...item2304b0eb51

In keeping with the rest of the group, I will post highlights of the re-fit.

I have ordered a Hi Def 8inch display unit. Looking forward to receiving the unit in the next few days

Bigmac747

update
Received the unit in good time via EMS & Parcel Force

Hope to install this weekend

Bigmac747
Hi guys, did you get a chance to install this yet? I'm planning to buy the same one and would be appreciated if you guys can take some pics of the fitment.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Default Bump

My unit posted above still for sale. Let me know your offers. I just need the cash to move.

Thanks for any offer.

Everything worked fine. I used it with Igo8.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Hi Guys,

I will receive my new outlander this tuesday!! can't wait.
I want to add a navi radio in it. I have some question.

I'm from canada. Is it true that chiness radio doesn't work when it's cold?

I have the original bluetooth. If i add the radio, does the phone button on my steering wheel will work with the radio or with my original bluetooth?

Anyone have a list of compatible model (and website where to buy them) of the 2010? I asked some seller in ebay and they don't know...

Which model to you recommand?

Thanks all!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:47 AM
ash

You may have a different cold to us in the UK, but mine worked fine at -10.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:57 AM

I just finished installed mine this morning.. after a long wait for the mito-02.

Here are some of the pictures I took last night.

The one I installed is Flyaudio, it is a 6.5'. I have the RF speakers, also ordered the Mito-02 canbus, i have also ordered the OEM Mitsubishi dash panel.

Bottom line:

Pro:

1. Sounds as good as before
2. Retained the original Bluetooth system and buttons, mute the radio/DVD when making phone calls

3. nice and clean interface, full function ipod control including deep search function

4. Come with full north American Maps (able to run anything for wince 5.0)

5. 800x480

Cons:
1. lost the media control button (should be able to wire the cable to make it work), the unit has the function already, but not wired into MITO-02

2.screen size fairly small (7' or 8' VS 6.5')

3. cost more (total about $1000 in total)

Forgot to mention, I'm in Vancouver and I'm providing tech support for Flyaudio navigation sold in Canada. If you guys have any prob or want to see my Outie in person, feel free to let me know. call me 604-537-8940.
Originally Posted by destinet
Hi Guys,

I have the original bluetooth. If i add the radio, does the phone button on my steering wheel will work with the radio or with my original bluetooth?

Anyone have a list of compatible model (and website where to buy them) of the 2010? I asked some seller in ebay and they don't know...

Thanks all!

Attached Thumbnails Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-20100312_005.jpg   Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-20100312_006.jpg   Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-20100312_007.jpg   Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-20100312_008.jpg   Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation-20100313_004.jpg  

Last edited by greatcat; 03-14-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Where did you order the oem dash panel? From the dealer? How much it was?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Hey greatcat,
some guys have installed similar units and they've lost the original bluetooth system. Is it the MITO 02 that will retain it right away or you need to do some wiring tricks?
What about the steering wheel buttons do they work (I think you mentioned that the Mode button doesn't work )? Most of the units require another adapter for SW controls.

To destinet:

There are 2 types of OEM dash panels. One is wide screen (which is compatible with the OEM multimedia unit), the other one is for after market double din units. Of what I've seen they cost about $100-150
You have cheaper panels from Metra for $40 but they don't match the rest of the car.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:24 PM

i live in Toronto , Canada and my LCD stopped working at winter when Ambient temp was about -8 to -18C ,it got OK when you drive for a while and heat up the car.
if you live here we can see each other and and i can share my experience with you.
non Automotive rated LCD(which is cheap and is used for consumer electronic) have operational temp of +45 C to -10C but if they are good quality they work in even lower temp.
that usually happen after a long park over night when lowest temp comes down till -15 to -18C .
now is getting warm and you won't see that problem till next year.
phone button on your steering wheel will not work with the radio or with original bluetooth any more.
my email is Mehr_ak@yahoo.com ,if you live here we can see each other.
Mike

Originally Posted by destinet
Hi Guys,

Thanks all!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply, i'm from Montreal so we are fare from each other. So here with the winter colder it will be worst...no sure if i will change to that after all, because no radio for 30 to 60min it's pretty long! + The button for the bluetooth will not work thats bad too...

I will continue to check and read...

Thanks all

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation