Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Default Question message

Hello Does any body answered what means the function of manual brake close screen testing line ???

and back draft radar testing line??

have a nice day

Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Default hi guys

hi, i'm italian as written before i installed the first type of navi (the same of ash 7") it is more than 1 year and it works fine. I help some friend to instal and configure this unit. NOW i'm searching to help a friend with the 8" unit

I have some problem:
- Unit time +7 hours!!!!!
- Sound sometimes doesn't start
- very bad equalization of sound

I don't have user manual or other please could you try to give me some instruction to solve that problems?

thans a lot
Bye from Italy
Gabriele

Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 AM

Hi

I just installed a Chinese DVD Player and finding difficulty in connecting steering wheel control system. Local installation store told me that steering wheel system cannot directly connected with the new player as it cannot function without original player. Any suggestion?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nisala
Hi

I just installed a Chinese DVD Player and finding difficulty in connecting steering wheel control system. Local installation store told me that steering wheel system cannot directly connected with the new player as it cannot function without original player. Any suggestion?
Can you tell us what brand / model you've got there and what model is your Outie?

As far as I know, most of the Chinese HU should have no problem of utilizing the steer wheel buttons. But if you have the RockFord system and bluetooth, that could be the issue.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 AM

Dear greatcat

Player is ‘ATLENTIS’
My Outlander is 2007 and it has a RockFord system and no Bluetooth.
Chinese DVD player is connected with RockFord sub woofers, Reverse Camera, TV and Bluetooth and all working fine, only problem is with the steering wheel control system.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Hey Nisala

Do you know if the Mito-2 interface was used?

usually, Mito-2 is used to activate the RockFord Amp which require a special signal that most of the aftermarket HU can not send.

Bottom line is, if mito-2 was used, chances that you can still use the steer wheel button is very small.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM

Dear greatcat

This was resolved by the supplier yesterday, now Steering Controls also working fine.
Appreciate your support. Thank you.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Hi all

First post i know but been reading a lot and also trying to decide on a sat nav unit for my 2007 MY08 Outlander. Mine has the 6cd changer, blue tooth steering wheel controls.

Im thinking of this one http://www.autodvdgps.com/mitsubishi...en-p-1042.html

Seems to be the best looking one with the most features.

Some people have mentioned that it wont support steering wheel controls but i have been told by the supplier that it will.

Can anyone comment on this? there are also good photos of the unit here and this is where ill be buying from http://www.fedom.com.hk/products_data.asp?id=174

Oldsalt mentioned issues for Australians, im in Australia so not sure if this model will have the same issues or not.

My concern is that i need it to be plug and play, i have removed my current cd system and there are 2 connectors going into the back of my current unit and another connector that isnt plugged in, just tapped to other cables, is this the connection for the stock MMCS? what do i do with it if i get an aftermarket unit?

Any pointers would be much appreciated

Old 06-18-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ajoesmith
Hi all

First post i know but been reading a lot and also trying to decide on a sat nav unit for my 2007 MY08 Outlander. Mine has the 6cd changer, blue tooth steering wheel controls.

Im thinking of this one http://www.autodvdgps.com/mitsubishi...en-p-1042.html

Seems to be the best looking one with the most features.

Some people have mentioned that it wont support steering wheel controls but i have been told by the supplier that it will.

Can anyone comment on this? there are also good photos of the unit here and this is where ill be buying from http://www.fedom.com.hk/products_data.asp?id=174

Oldsalt mentioned issues for Australians, im in Australia so not sure if this model will have the same issues or not.

My concern is that i need it to be plug and play, i have removed my current cd system and there are 2 connectors going into the back of my current unit and another connector that isnt plugged in, just tapped to other cables, is this the connection for the stock MMCS? what do i do with it if i get an aftermarket unit?

Any pointers would be much appreciated
Do not buy from autodvdgps!

I have heard horror stories on my mazda forums from cx7 owners who bought units from them.

Non cust service, no way to send back your unit if it doesnt work, alot of the units dont fit as they say.

Be very Wary of these chinese knock offs...you get what you pay for.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Do not buy from autodvdgps!

I have heard horror stories on my mazda forums from cx7 owners who bought units from them.

Non cust service, no way to send back your unit if it doesnt work, alot of the units dont fit as they say.

Be very Wary of these chinese knock offs...you get what you pay for.
Hi

thanks for the reply, i will not be buying from autodvdgps but will be buying a similar model just wondering how to hook it all up and if the bluetooth steering wheel controls will work or not

cheers

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation