Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Clicking from steering column

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Default Clicking from steering column

I've had my Outlander since March 2007 and have since puched the odometer just passed 14k miles. I love the vehicle, but i've been experiencing one issue since about november of last year. The problem is a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the steering column, but I only experience it while turning the wheel at low speeds. It is very noticeable, almost as if when the wheel gets turned passed a certain point it has to click over a ridge like when your turn signal is on and it makes the click noises as you turn (not the fake noise made as the signal flashes but the mechanism that causes the signal to shut off once you turn the wheel back towards straight) Anyway it hasn't affected the performance as far as I know, and when I asked the dealer about it (who seem to be clueless about everything since i've bought the vehicle) the dealer said they hadn't heard of this issue before. The problem is I live at college almost 300 miles away from home and not close to any mitsubishi dealers. Has anyone else experienced this issue???

Thanks

btw, mines an '07 3.0L 2WD LS w/ 6 speed auto

Old 01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Clicking from steering column

I think so. Does it kind of sound like something is just a little loose in there and is tumbling around inside? That's the way mine sounds. Hasn't gotten any worse, so I wan't planning on making a dealer trip until I had a real problem or a service interval to attend to.