Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Couple of questions on new '07 Outlander (Cdn version)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Default Couple of questions on new '07 Outlander (Cdn version)

Hi there, first time viewer and member here.

I'm looking at the new '07 Outlander and was quite impressed by the test drive.

Unfortunately my local Mits dealer doesn't have the answers to a few of nagging questions I have:

1. Does the Canadian version have heated side mirrors?
The dealer insists it does even though the brochures doesn't specifically list this as a feature.

2. Does the V6 engine use a timing chain or belt?

3. Does the AWD LS come with Steering Wheel Mounted audio controls? The base 2WD I test drove didn't come with it but the brochure mentions it is standard.

4. What does will Bluetooth Pre-wiring allow me to do? It is featured in the Convenice package.

5. TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system), what effect does it have if I want to keep an extra set of winter tires? Do I need special rims, etc..?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 AM
tcp
Default RE: Couple of questions on new '07 Outlander (Cdn version)

I have a canadian 4WD LS with convenience. The mirrors are heated when you press the rear defrost button. Timing belt, I think(not 100% sure...just 99%).
The steering wheel controls come with the convenience package. The tires have TPMS. I am getting winter wheels/tires in the fall and am working out what it is going to take to make that work. I will hopefully have the tpms disabled by the dealer in the fall and then just leave it off. A bit rediculous nanny system, in my opinion...i can take care of maintenance myself and check the tire quite often.

1. Does the Canadian version have heated side mirrors?
The dealer insists it does even though the brochures doesn't specifically list this as a feature.

2. Does the V6 engine use a timing chain or belt?

3. Does the AWD LS come with Steering Wheel Mounted audio controls? The base 2WD I test drove didn't come with it but the brochure mentions it is standard.

4. What does will Bluetooth Pre-wiring allow me to do? It is featured in the Convenice package.

5. TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system), what effect does it have if I want to keep an extra set of winter tires? Do I need special rims, etc..?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:07 AM

I don't see the TPMS as a replacement for good maintenance checks, I like the idea more for if I have a tire punctured while on the road..I can slow down and get off the road in a safe place before I start doing some real damage to the rims...but the reason it was put it was for those that don't check their pressures

Old 08-05-2007, 02:43 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I think the marketing department and dealers should be flogged for their lack of knowledge on their own products.

Anyways, on the issue of the Bluetooth prewire kit that comes with the Convenience package; does this mean the microphone is pre-wired and ready for any Bluetooth CD deck that you install?

On another note, since the spare tire is located externally on the bottom of the vehicle, has anyone gotten theirs stolen?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Trigolis

It allows you to pay another $365+tax+labourto installthe BT interface and enable the functionality. Part of the Convenience Package you getthe microphoneby the front dome lights, the buttons on the steering wheel and all the required wiring.
If the sales person tells you that IT HAS Bluetooth, like most of them told me and many others (see posts on the various forums), tell them to demonstrate it. Expect not to work for the reason that the BT interface is not included in the package.
Also, beware you cannot access your phone's address book from the car's system. You will have to build a new phonebook on the car's system and it only accepts 32 entries. For some, this is an inconvenience.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: dodo2
It allows you to pay another $365+tax+labourto installthe BT interface and enable the functionality. Part of the Convenience Package you getthe microphoneby the front dome lights, the buttons on the steering wheel and all the required wiring.
If I add in my own stereo deck with Bluetooth, can I use the pre-wired microphone and wheel buttons that's already on the Outlander?