Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Default RE: Dealer MishapS, am I being resonable?

Well the lady said she would get back to me after talking to his service manager. I went in monday morning without an appointment, thinking its only a YES or NO plus setting up a time to go in to install the accessories along with the missing ECC rust device. I waited for her to come in plus letting her get organize, which is fair since I didn't schedule a time with her before going in. After 40mins after she has been in, I said if things are good, she said she need more time to deal with this since I came in without her knowing. I said I want to resolve it today, its just a simpl eyes or no, she said she need to talk to the owner. I told her thanks for driving this issue and may be I put you at a difficult situation let me talk to the store manager. So I ended up talking to the store manager with her there, basically he told me they didn't make that much money on my car the owner won't agree on the compensation. The people that misled or misinform you have been fired, they said there sorrys, and there is just so much the dealership can give you to compensate. And don't worry about ruin the name of the dealership and call Mits Customer service, if they call them and tell them to stall the "wold" for me they will but basically deal with MIts. The lady finally told me, if I gave her more time she can try to talk to the owner but now I got the store manager involve its tough for her to get it done for me. I thank her, took the # and get ready to talk to Mits.

Please comment on the situation and let me know what you all think.

Dealership: Plaza group Mitsubishi, Thornhill, Ontario.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM

I think at this point you are out of luck. Since you've already taken delivery and signed for the car it's yours and the dealership has all the leverage now. If you had argued the point about the 1st car you were given a VIN# for prior to accepting this other one then you may have had a better chance of getting them to throw in some accessories for your trouble.

If they keep back pedalling i would certainly call MMNA and inform them of the dealers shady practices. And if you haven't paid for -or- had them already install your rust protector device, don't let them do it just find another dealer.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 PM

I agree will Cuffy that you might be SOL. I really hope your dealer will do the right thing andthe "owner" will continue to push to resolve theissue.

Firing the people that misled or misinform you was just lame excuse, as those people are your "dealer" representive before they got fired. Saying they aresorry imply they are at faults.

May be you should let the dealer know that you mayconsiderlegal action?.. Just a thought

Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM

Call Mitsubishi and ask them what to do! Tell them the whole story. And mention this "I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO IMPROVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AT YOUR COMPANY!"

Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 PM

i really can't put in words here what i think of the way these people have treated you..............

i would contact Mitsubishi corp directly.... preferablly by email, if no reply within 24 hours, follow up by phone...... you may want to copy a link of this thread/post with your email to them..... make sure they know you traded in a Lancer on the Outlander.... a loyal Mitsubshi owner.... i am almost sure they will back to you, MMNA calls my house after EVERY service visit to my local dealership..... they want to KNOW how my service went and how i was treated.........
if this does not work, i would look into my local, state and federal agencies that deal with consumer complanits/fruad......

i am new to this group, and don't know if this is within the rules...... maybe a few emails to MMNA, with copy to the Plaza Group, from the memebers of this group, would help Plaza Group to resolve your problem.....just a thought....