Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Detailed Rear Camera Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Detailed Rear Camera Installation

are there any cameras out there that could be mounted without having to drill/grind holes in the Outlander's sheetmetal? How about mounting cameras to the rear glass from the inside - does something like this exist?

Old 12-07-2008, 08:43 AM

ruski, look the next website ( License Frame Camera) for asnwer your question: http://www.mitocorp.com/backup-camera-solutions.html

Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM

Thanks.

Someone also pointed me to this (pretty inexpensive)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-License-Plat...3A1%7C294%3A50

Does the harness come with matching connectors to just plug the camera? (I think in the pictures the harness is shown with a bunch of lose ends)

Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 PM

Is it just me or is the first post cut off right after Part 3? I'd really like to see the whole write up as I want to do this same thing. Anyone know where I can find the rest of it?

Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM

the wire harness has a connector setup for the MMCS on one side and a blank connector for plugging into the OEM camera.

if you prefer to use a different camera ican layout what each wire is for. if your planning to install a camera the wire harness

will simplify your project for sure.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 AM
aad

Hey did somebody manage to get the Kenwood CCD-2000 connected to the MMCS? I have been told it does a better job at imagequality at low light and the price is somewhat better too ( its about 170 EUR compared to about 230 EUR in NLD ) I am only not sure about how to connect it
someone ??
We would really need to see if there is really an image difference between Pioneer ND-BC2, Kenwood CCD-2000 and Panasonic CY-RC50KU

Oh another question, since i have a european 2009 model I'd be interested to see where i could find the prepared wiring connector for the rearview camera exactly. I am new to dismanteling the interior so can someone show a picture or precisely tell me where to look?

Thanks

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

the wire harness has a connector setup for the MMCS on one side and a blank connector for plugging into the OEM camera.

if you prefer to use a different camera ican layout what each wire is for. if your planning to install a camera the wire harness

will simplify your project for sure.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:11 AM
aad

OK since nobody responsed to my earlier questions i started my own discoveryin my 2009 Outlander. This post will be updated regularly till my Kenwood CCD-2000 camera ( which I bought on Ebay from budgetcaraudio.co.uk ) finally works.

First of all getting very confused on mitsupartsman diagram showing D38 for camera and the D09 in servicemanual for '07 also found somewhere on this forum. Also my dealer expressed that on the right hand side the camera connector should hang out some where.

1) So first contradiction/ question . Is D09 the same as D38 ? picture show no difference...??
See diagrams below.( left is latest diagam from mitsupartman right is from the '07 service manual)

Name:  whichcablingisright1.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  107.3 KB

So I first ripped out my MMCS ( My Outlander is from the Netherlands so EU model )
Name:  IMG_8550-640.jpg
Views: 1782
Size:  45.3 KB
Name:  IMG_8551.jpg
Views: 2085
Size:  45.5 KB
Checked to make sure my 2009 model used the same wire coloring scheme and number of wires: ( OK )
Name:  IMG_8559.jpg
Views: 2296
Size:  63.7 KB

Notice that the 2009 model already has prepared the cam position, no need to cut out the plastic part. however I did not see any hole to put the cable through (yet ) so probably need to drill a hole.
Name:  IMG_8592.jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  40.9 KB

The ripped out the side panels. Its not that straight forward since i had to go from floorpanels ( 2 clips ) to lower side panel 3 screws on bottom and two on side. Then could remove the light grey top side panel ( 2 hidden clips and a bunch straigh ones.)
Found no D38 or D09 on right hand side but there was an empty plg on the wheel area.??
Haven't identified it yet...:-(
Name:  IMG_8595.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  73.8 KB

So thought well lets have a look on the other side then and did see a two wire connector - orange/blue- but doubt this is it ...
Name:  IMG_8600.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  62.1 KB

so still looking for the connector that should be here somewhere..
to be continued.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19107/319FC73BB846465AAF0CEAB15554A41F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM

here's the circuit diagram for vehicles with a rear camera. instead of looking for the d-38 connector you should look in the back door for the f-21 connector. if your 2009 model is prewired than that is the connector to use. btw the d-09 connector is a taillamp connector.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM

i was in the dealership this morning and the service manager told me that for the 2009 model there is actually a factory camera availible, which has precut holes in the bumper(if you have a 2009), you just punch it out, plop the camera in and run a wire into your nav unit.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: BrodyGuy

i was in the dealership this morning and the service manager told me that for the 2009 model there is actually a factory camera availible, which has precut holes in the bumper(if you have a 2009), you just punch it out, plop the camera in and run a wire into your nav unit.
A yep...... ??? where have you been? You can add it to the 07, 08, and 09 as a OEM accessory to the factory nav. On my 07 you can tell where the camera goes because you can see where the punchout outline is on the liftgate.

Courtesy of mitsupartsman:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=6626

Quick Reply: Detailed Rear Camera Installation