Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver seat problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Default Driver seat problem???

I have a 2008 XLS with leather. My driver seat have a little loose (it move back and front) when I accelerate. The dealer tell me it's normal, because of the bushing in the seat with the electric component it's totally normal??? I notice that my leather under the seat is almost all unclips. Does anyone as the same problem??? Thank you !!!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Default RE: Driver seat problem???

mmm... mine doesn't move, at least not that I feel it move...

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM

Mine does not move either (or not that I have noticed)... I will check tonight to see if the "clips" are undone under the seat like yours.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 AM

I think that mine has the same movement as what you mention, I don't notice it all the time, only when I brake hard and than do a hard accelaration, feels like there a bit of play in the mechenisme, but under normal driving I don't notice it, I have never mentionned it to my dealer I figure I would get the same answer you got. As for the clips I'll check next time.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM

I don't have movement, but mine rattles. Especially when I am going down hill or coming to a stop...

Old 10-16-2008, 01:57 PM

I think it is the Nut that is loose

that holds the seat it is located near the Recliner handle on the left side.

If you can remove the cover there should a Nut holding the seat.
tighten it with a rachet or wrench. whatever fit

Just clip it back for clips

Old 10-16-2008, 03:18 PM

I have leather also, and YES under the front of the drivers the clips are undone. And i've looked, there is no where to clip or fasten it!!! no problem with being loose though.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM

Thank you all for your answer, I will try to force the dealer to fix the problem? By the way have you notice when the truck is cold that when you stop at a the light that the transmission give some little pushing (at that time the RPM is at 1000RPM) but after 5 minute the RPM goes down and the transmission fell better. Thank you!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 AM

I have the little movement too I don't notice it all the time just from time to time when braking on accelerating! Nothing to worry about in my case but I will look at the bolt mention in this thread and see if it goes away.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM

I had the same problem. Seat was moving an inch when I press the brake. Dealer could not find what was wrong so they replace the whole seat assembly. Was OK for a while but now start moving again. When I first experienced this problem, I and service department foremen went outside and tried couple of brand new OUties 07 on the lot-they all had this problem. I have my first year tune up appointment on Wednesday and I will tell them that the driver's seat is still moving.

Quick Reply: Driver seat problem???