Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver seat problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Default RE: Driver seat problem???

has anyone with any other trim model experienced this type of movement? i just bought my 2008 Outlander LS a week ago and im curious as to if im going to have this same problem

Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 AM

It doesn't move by an inch, I would say it feels more like 1/32 of an inch, just enough to feel it. And to be honest with you I can't recall the last time I noticed it, not sure if it's gone or I just got used to it.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:13 PM

I have movement in the driver seat. They didnt repair at the dealer.

I am now complaining call center.

My seat is completely manual.
2007 Outlander Mexican version

Old 11-02-2008, 09:19 AM

Hi All:

I must of had my drivers power seat removed and put back in a dozen times to replace the drivers leather seat.....

It was bad from the factory and not attached at the botttom of the seat....

It has never moved or was loose in any way.....

Old 06-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Ok, so things do change.... NOW, my power drivers seat is moving on hard braking and accelerating. Did anyone ever get a straight answer on this? Should it be replaced with a newer '09 seat? Mine is a '07 XLS, now with 30,000 miles.

At a stand still I can make it move a little by pushing on it, but seems more severe while driving. My first guess would be a washer, possibly neoprene, that they would use to bolt down has gone bad. I know its been a while, but what has everyone found out???

Old 07-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Well no one has answered here. My seat is starting to creak when it is shifting, starting to get annoying. There is no reason a 2 year old seat should be like this. Something is wrong. So going in next week to the dealer to have them look at it, hopefully they will replace it.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 PM

I noticed it too that it was moving, but nothing to be alarmed about... at least not yet...

Old 08-11-2009, 03:55 PM

So when I took it in for a service they checked the seat and confirmed that I wasnt crazy. They said that they could feel the seat rocking when under hard-mild accelerating and bracking. They said they would need it for about an hour to take it out to really see whats going on. I couldnt wait that day so made another appointment (work is 5 blocks from dealer... lucky me).

So took it in today, and after 2 hrs they called and said that they tried tightening everything they could and there is still play in the seat. So they are going to order a new seat bracket and install it when it gets in, in about 4-5 days. So I will be taking it back probably first of next week. Hopefully this solution works...

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM

UPDATE

So finally got it into the dealer to have them replace the seat bracket. They had it for about 5 hrs, they said it took a while to totally detach and attach the new bracket/seat rails. I took it for a test and under some hard acceleration and braking everything is like NEW!!! Im so glad, feels like it should. The service guy said that with parts and labor the waranty covered $1,400 bill. So not a cheap fix at all.

I asked what the problem was and he said the joints on the frame were failing and causing "play". The labor would defenitely been less time if they would of just swaped complete seats, but this is the way they chose to go. I also asked what the chances of this happening again, and of course he said very low. But he did mention that they have not had any Outlanders come in for this problem until mine. So hopefully this was a rare occurance, or other people are not coming forward... yet.

So if you experience this at all I would suggest you take it to your dealer and make sure they fix it. If you wait till after the waranty expires, I would hate to of had to pay for this. And P.S. - I will be saving my dealer paperwork showing that what has been done, for the small chance that it happens again and I'm no longer going to the same dealer or have moved.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:15 AM
Default Rocking seat still a big problem for Power Seats

Hi all,

I have a soon one year old Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, and the drivers seat really rocks!
It is very anoying! It feels as if I am going to fall off the chair at hard breaking and it rocks back two (2) cm at hard acceleration, and it really feels as if you are loose!
Dealer cannot fix it, and Mitsubishi says it is normal.

It seems as if I have to buy myself another car, of another manufacturer that takes their custmers feelings more serious.

The problem is much more severe if you are short, and use the chair in the forward end. The answer from Mitsubishi was that he could not feel any problem, but he is at least 30 cm longer than I am.

I am much more satisfied with my Prius, than with this PHEV!

Quick Reply: Driver seat problem???