Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver seat problem???

Old 02-19-2015, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Priusanka
Hi all,

I have a soon one year old Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, and the drivers seat really rocks!
It is very anoying! It feels as if I am going to fall off the chair at hard breaking and it rocks back two (2) cm at hard acceleration, and it really feels as if you are loose!
Dealer cannot fix it, and Mitsubishi says it is normal.

It seems as if I have to buy myself another car, of another manufacturer that takes their custmers feelings more serious.

The problem is much more severe if you are short, and use the chair in the forward end. The answer from Mitsubishi was that he could not feel any problem, but he is at least 30 cm longer than I am.

I am much more satisfied with my Prius, than with this PHEV!
I have a two week old PHEV with this problem exactly. The dealer told me they were aware of the problem, but that most outlanders with power adjustable seat have this problem. They had already changed the frame on one car but could not confirm that doing the same in my car would fix the problem. I said I'd wait and see, but I really don't like this loose feeling and am going to go back to the dealer to get it fixed.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Unhappy Same Problem

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a used 2012 Outlander XLS(73,000km), leather power seat. I did notice the movement of the seat on the initial test drive. I am sure the dealer will be a pleasure to deal with. The warranty runs out in May.

Anyone come up with a DIY fix yet?

Best Regards,
Gene

Old 10-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Angry rocking seat (2018 Mitsubishi Outlander)

Hello everyone, this has been such a huge headache. I purchased my '18 Outlander back in June. Days later, I noticed the rocking, so I took the vehicle to the dealer. They actually scratched the paint job and interior in various locations during the repair work, so they had to keep it for a couple more weeks in order to repair it. This was a BRAND NEW SUV. They did give me a replacement vehicle. That was great. However, weeks later my repaired Outlander still had the SAME ISSUE (plus the newly repaired damage that is still noticeable today). Needless to say, I called the dealer back, and they promised to take care of the seat still (pending Mitsubishi corporate decisions). After dealing with Mitsubishi's corporate call center, I was told that they will NOT repair the vehicle any further. I was told that "they already took care of the issue." I told them that the issue was WORSE after the dealer worked on the car. The representative assured me that she would forward this info back to corporate, and this is where i stand now. I have contacted lawyers at this point. I purchased the vehicle BRAND NEW. This is very unacceptable.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:17 PM

That's terrible!!! Sounds like Mitsubishi really takes care of their customers...

Did you ask them what "took care" means?

In my 2012 it seem like if you leave the seat in the same position after a while it stops rocking, or I just don't notice it as. My wife is the primary driver, she is smaller, I don't think she notices it. I bought the car used, on my first test drive I noticed the rocking. It looks like the plastic on the side of the seat was opened up before, piece broken.

I did some searching, other car manufacturers have issues with electric seats also...

I did see a guy on YouTube with a Porsche 911 who had major electrical problems make a bunch of videos and had lots of views. Only after that Porsche listened to him and offered refund or a different car.

Good luck to you, let us know how fight goes.

Best regards,
Gene

Old 11-01-2018, 02:47 PM

I’m surprised that mitsu dont have Seat memory with the electric seats. Seems a cheap saving tbh

Old 05-17-2021, 11:27 AM
Default Driver seat problem

I have outlander 2016 , in 2018 electrical part responsable for moving seat was changed but It didn't really help. In 1 year Ihad same problem and dealer told me that it is in the range .