Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driver seat problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Default RE: Driver seat problem???

Mine is not moving an inch, maybe a millimeter it's barely noticeable. BTW this is with the power seat.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 AM

Mine does it too.. I noticed it less after a while..I found that the play changed depending on the seat position..sotry playing with it a bit

Old 10-19-2008, 10:18 AM

do all you guys that have movement have power seats?

Old 10-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Yes I have power seat, I fix up another appointment at the dealer to fix the problem....I hope they will find the problem......

Old 10-29-2008, 05:44 AM

For those that have a movement in the driver seat.....This answer is for you; I went at the dealer yesterday to get fix my driver seat problem, finally they clip back my leather under the seat but for the loose in the seat there's nothing that they can't do. The service man call at the head office in Toronto to see if they no something about this problem and how to fix it. Mitsubishi say the the driver seat does move a little butt it'snormal with the electric seat. I wasn't the first to talk about this problem, so everything is normal, so I guess I will have to live with it. Ciaos Piper....

Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: piper

For those that have a movement in the driver seat.....This answer is for you; I went at the dealer yesterday to get fix my driver seat problem, finally they clip back my leather under the seat but for the loose in the seat there's nothing that they can't do. The service man call at the head office in Toronto to see if they no something about this problem and how to fix it. Mitsubishi say the the driver seat does move a little butt it's normal with the electric seat. I wasn't the first to talk about this problem, so everything is normal, so I guess I will have to live with it. Ciaos Piper....
Oh man, I would have raised hell and asked for a replacement such as a new "Recaro" Bucket seat (the ones in the Lancer Evo). I would not have moved until they did something about it... They state "peace of mind" but that can't be accomplished with a moving seat... I would have gone ballistic on them...

Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 AM

That's going to far. I have the issue and it's at best a very minor annoyance, the important things are:
Is it safe, Yes
Is it broken, No
Is it going to get worst, unlikely

I'm not sure that trying to replace the OEM seat with something else, will mean that you have a smaller problem.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: chenarm

That's going to far. I have the issue and it's at best a very minor annoyance, the important things are:
Is it safe, Yes
Is it broken, No
Is it going to get worst, unlikely

I'm not sure that trying to replace the OEM seat with something else, will mean that you have a smaller problem.
+1 I agree 100% It's really a minor annoyance.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM

i dunno. that would sure drive me insane. if it moves an inch on hard braking, what it going to do when you get into an accident? i would call that a major safety issue.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: piper

I have a 2008 XLS with leather. My driver seat have a little loose (it move back and front) when I accelerate. The dealer tell me it's normal, because of the bushing in the seat with the electric component it's totally normal??? I notice that my leather under the seat is almost all unclips. Does anyone as the same problem??? Thank you !!!
No movement in the mine. ..

Quick Reply: Driver seat problem???