Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
I am still unable to get the PP2000 to write to the BSI (ETACS) but I am patient.

Also every time I write with LEXIA I have to redo my 2 manuals setup i.e beep the horn on lock and open all doors with the drivers door.
What is the exact problem with PP2000?

I use it exclusively for altering Customer options - everything seems fine, even no code is asked.

By the way, the both programs successfully update online, you just need to re-activate upon update installation completion.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:11 AM

When I change the Unlock to Active in Park then press F5 or click the icon
I immediately get a "write failure" message

Notes

Do I need to keep the driver door closed?
The driver show up with a SCSI icon in the system hardware list.

I will try Internet upgrade

Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM

When I change the Unlock to Active in Park then press F5 or click the icon
I immediately get a "write failure" message

Notes

Do I need to keep the driver door closed?
The driver show up with a SCSI icon in the system hardware list.
I will try if open door affects anything. Though I seriously doubt it.

I am not sure about icon, the device name is something like "Multiport interface", by Actia.

By the way, can you give the link to the Lexia-related site you've mentioned?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM

The name "Multiport interface" is the same as mine.

The links:
French -- > diagnostic automobile

Bad English --> MHH AUTO

In both places you need to register to see anything useful and even in some case have made a donation to get super user privilege.
So far I only read ...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM

I have updated through the internet and re initialized both Software

Lexia is now 47-01
PP2000 is 24-01

The code # 03114 is needed by lexia only and not by the ETACS/BMI as I saw it given on the french site as the number needed to write to all the Citroen models.

I will try tomorrow as it's raining cats and dogs and I don't have a garage.

Also as I was waiting I checked the 16 connector cable and all the wire connect through. Accurately? I don't know.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
SLX

Originally Posted by Vadimus
As for neutral logic - it is not working while car is warming up, probably to speed up engine warming and warm up transmission too.
Transmission state and engine RPM (high idle at cold engine temperature) have nothing do with each other on a vehicle. All gasoline engines idle at higher RPM's until normal operating temperatures have been reached, regardless of what state (Park, Reverse, Neutral or Drive) the transmission is engaged in.

Considering that the vehicle can operate in all transmission positions at ALL engine RPMs (cold or normal), and that you can engage the transmission into the Neutral position manually at any time, there would be absolutely no reason that this feature could not operate at all engine idle speeds "automatically", if it really does work.

Therefore, if the transmission actually switches into the neutral state when the vehicle is in drive position, and all the operating conditions listed below are met, the transmission should switch into the neutral position automatically, regardless of the engine idle RPM. Engine or transmission temperatures would not have anything to do with the vehicle's ability to be engaged into the neutral position "automatically" (Idle Neutral Logic), considering this can be easily accomplished manually by the driver at any time at any idle RPM. Makes absolutely no sense, and does not jive with the operation specs listed below.

If anything, "Idle Neutral Control" operation would be most important when the engine is cold (idle above normal), considering that the engine is putting more unnecessary strain on the transmission and brakes, while stopped in the drive position and idling above normal.

I have concluded that this vehicle's transmission functions the same way that all other automatic transmission vehicles do, being that, the transmission is always in gear while stopped, unless switched manually into neutral by the driver. I have tried several of these vehicles (XLS), and they all functioned the same way.

Mitsubishi's Specifications

6 SPEED TRANSMISSION IDLE NEUTRAL CONTROL

To improve fuel consumption, the transmission shifts to neutral when all of the following conditions are met:

1. Transmission selector in D (Drive) range.

2. Vehicle Speed: 0

3. Accelerator pedal: OFF

4. Brake Fluid pressure: applied (more than set value).

5. Slope judgement: Less than 6%

Idle neutral control is cancelled when any of conditions 1−4 changes.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport Success

Finally was able to enable the auto door locking on my 2011 Outlander Sport with Lexia. Key was to upgrade to version 348.01. It did reset the unlocking options in the MMCS but that was a 2 second fix. Why the auto locking function is there but Mitsubishi says it is not is beyond me. I love the function in my Altima and just assumed it was there in the Sport when I bought it.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Vadimus, again you where right.

After Internet update everything is working.

I fixed the door unlock to work when the lever is put in Park and also increased the time to re lock from 30 to 60 second so I wont have to run to the car.

Big thanks for all your work.

Claude

Old 09-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Vadimus, again you where right.

After Internet update everything is working.

I fixed the door unlock to work when the lever is put in Park and also increased the time to re lock from 30 to 60 second so I wont have to run to the car.

Big thanks for all your work.

Claude

Claude, can you explain what the re-lock function is and where to make the changes (MMCS or PP2000)? Thanks,

Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Auto unlocking can be achieved through the MMCS but I don't know fo the time for re lock as I don't have a MMCS.

Use PP2000 and it is in the BMI section, customizing then in Customer Options, Locking and Unlocking.

In this section you find choice for auto unlocking (3 choices 1- inactive 2- Active at park 3- Active at shut down).

Just below there is the choice of time for the auto re lock, this happen if you use the remote to unlock the car but don't open a door within the time set, the car re lock it self automatically. Default is 30 seconds I change it to 60 seconds.

The wording is approximate as I don't recall the exact terms.

Last edited by Claude_A; 09-01-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization