Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:43 PM

Hi,

Anybody kind enough to share what is the value for Outlander 2008 'Type of Vehicle' and ' Type of chassis for the dynamic stability control'

Accidentally changed the value, now my ASC is giving fault.

Thank you

Old 12-18-2018, 02:53 AM

You can find your original coding in ED log-files, or Tools->Coding Manager

Old 01-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Default the tailgate cannot be automatically raised (the button on the tailgate)

Hi all, After I actived speedlock for my Outlander 2.4 2018, speedlock OK but the tailgate cannot be automatically raised (the button on the tailgate). Pls help me some parameter for fix this. Tks a lot.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by thangtvs
Hi all, After I actived speedlock for my Outlander 2.4 2018, speedlock OK but the tailgate cannot be automatically raised (the button on the tailgate). Pls help me some parameter for fix this. Tks a lot.
This is a very specific situation and must have involved an inadvertent programming change. Of those of us, who programmed the ETACS (either with Diagbox or ETACS Decoder) very few if any would activate the speed lock function (there are way more popular items than this).
Your best bet is contact the developer (Earl Vadim) with your log, so he can track down the problem. I sincerely doubt that anyone else could assist you. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:50 AM

This is not a software issue. Nor DB, nor ED. This is a problem of correct understanding of ETACS settings. I will not help. I can only advise to restore both codings to its original state and try it all over again .. or compare old and new codings to understand the difference. there is no other way.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Tks for reply, but i forgot backup before, so i need to try some more parameter.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM

is there any videos on how to do the programming? I have a 2016 SEL and want to activate the DRL LED strip, I do not want to mess it up.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by thangtvs
Tks for reply, but i forgot backup before, so i need to try some more parameter.
why are you so frivolous....
see Tools->Coding Manager

Old 01-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Default Hopefully this will fix HFM and RDS functions

Hello! Sorry about the thread necropost.

I just finished reading all 1408 posts in this thread, so hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Thank you Vadimus and Earl_Vadim for your hard work at helping everyone.

Background:
1) I own a 2011 Lancer ES purchased in Denver, Colorado, USA.
1a) VIN JA32U2FU6BU016684
1b) I did not purchase the HFM unit with the car.
1c) I did not purchase the MMCS unit with the car.

2) January 25th, 2019 - I added a Mitsubishi FUSE USB/HFM. Hands free and steering wheel buttons worked perfectly. Made calls, listened to bluetooth, played USB audio MP3s.
3) January 26th, 2019 - I exchanged the factory 1 CD Radio with an N-05 MMCS I purchased used from a 2010 Outlander JA4JS4AX5AZ011942.
3a) HFM does not show up in the MMCS service menu (greyed out), No HFM in CAN Connected Equipment.
3b) RDS radio options do not show up in MMCS.
3c) Many forums say I need to activate the HFM and RDS in the ETACS for the MMCS to register it.

4) Nearest dealership is 224 Miles (360 Km) away, so I need to be very careful and make backups and such.

Current:
- I purchased the EEEKit Mini VCI J2534 16 pin Diagnostics tool for Toyota. Software version 13.00.022. Arrives January 30, 2019.
- I have downloaded the ETACS Decoder software v5.3.6.3. I have registered on etacsdecoder forum.
- When the connector arrives, I want to activate the HFM and RDS in ETACS without frying anything.

This is my only car. I don't want to break it. I am reading the manual at https://etacsdecoder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 right now.

I will update if my adventure is successful or if I need to donate to someone for assistance.

Last edited by Goldir; 01-28-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:09 PM

Hello,

While the TPMS system is certainly useful, it can be quite a chore on some cars to maintain, or downright expensive. I am the maker of some TPMS simulators devices, currently they are good for European Suzuki cars only, and I was looking into expanding them. Not sure whether the 2004 - 2012 Lancer can be a suitable candidate for them. Does anyone feel any need for them at $60 (50 euros) ? I'll be needing a volunteer if so, more details in private.

Advantages:
- no need to program it to the car's ECU (for those non-automatic learning type of sensors).
- corded / replaceable batteries - you do not buy new sensors every 5 - 7 years, especially nice when there are more than one set of wheels in use with your vehicle.
- you will not get these autumn / spring warnings caused by temperature fluctuations.
- no such issues caused by some aftermarket sensors that would not fit into the rims.
- pass the periodic vehicle inspection if your state enforces functional TPMS.
- reversible: the next owner will be able to remove the device and install pressure sensors.

Disadvantages:
- obviously no TPMS functionality.
- if you are involved in a tyre related car accident and your insurance company detects a spoofed TPMS, no more monetary claims you can make; of course, if he can detect that.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization