Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 01:24 PM

I was finally able to disable my TPMS, i used the lexia evolution cable with Diagbox. Worked fine. Then, i used etacs to read the coding and it was different from what etacs-decoder was trying to program it with.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:19 AM

Send me both coding

Old 03-13-2016, 06:46 PM

I saw this tread is talking about the TPMS sensor so I thought I would ask.

I just installed new rims and tires. But didn't put in my TPMS sensors that were in the stock wheels as I wanted to keep the stockers for winter wheels. With the dash light on I decided to have them removed from the stock wheels. Doing research on you tube I saw few people that built a pvc tube and installed a tire valve on 1 end. Then with the sensors in the tube, fill the tube with 35 psi and keep that in the trunk. Well I did it and it's holding 35 psi. But the dash light isn't going away. Do I need to have the sensors reset somehow. I figured the computer would just read the sensors. Any one have any input.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Anyway, DRL relay could be missing. Not a big deal, they are pretty standard.
Note that reduced output DRLs require special PWM relay, identifiable by a metal radiator on its top, while independent DRLs use ordinary one.
Anyone know what the manufacturer/part number of the "special PWM relay"? I have the part number for the "ordinary" relay (because my fusebox is full of them) but not for the PWM with metal radiator. I got my DRL's working with the "Normal" setting in ETACS, but they seem to be using the main headlamps at the same intensity. I wanted to try the other DRL functions in ETACS to see if I could get the parking lights to be the DRL.

As you may know, the 2016 has a redesigned headlamp assembly. Does anyone have the 2016 with added DRL's through ETACS? I would really like to compare settings.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:08 AM

It will be interesting to all who have failed to disable TPMS.

Need change 21-th position from 6 to 5

Example for 319 block..

84104301201301086B1A40**** - TPMS ON

84104301201301086B1A50**** - TPMS OFF

Attached Thumbnails ETACS options customization-tpms-.jpg   ETACS options customization-tpms-off.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 01:32 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by theSaint024
Anyone know what the manufacturer/part number of the "special PWM relay"? I have the part number for the "ordinary" relay (because my fusebox is full of them) but not for the PWM with metal radiator. I got my DRL's working with the "Normal" setting in ETACS, but they seem to be using the main headlamps at the same intensity. I wanted to try the other DRL functions in ETACS to see if I could get the parking lights to be the DRL.

As you may know, the 2016 has a redesigned headlamp assembly. Does anyone have the 2016 with added DRL's through ETACS? I would really like to compare settings.
Finally figured all this out. Special PWM relay will not even fit in the new Outlander relay socket (too physically big), so moot point. More importantly, I didn't need a special relay because my DRL's are now set to parking lights, exactly as I wanted. ED has been a gamechanger. I have changed several small features that were annoying me: seat belt reminder, auto door lock and unlock, door lock mode (all doors with single press), outer buzzer volume. Still working on a figuring out a couple more. Plenty more reading up for me to do. Thanks again guys for your efforts @Vadimus and @Earl_Vadim. Greatly increased my satisfaction of my Outlander.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 PM

So my next project is fine tuning my parking sensor setup, including adding the dash display of the parking sensors. I have the OEM sensor package, dealer installed (not port installed) that I had put in before taking delivery. Currently the display is actually on the button for the parking sensor. It is not very easy to see as you can imagine since it's tucked behind and below the steering wheel, so it would be great to have it on the instrument cluster as I have seen is possible.

Question is, what else do I need to do to activate parking sensor view in ETACS Decoder? I have already turned on the Corner Sensor Module in the ETACS variant. I have read every thread on the forums regarding this, and none of them finish out the thread to say if/how they got the display to work. Like I said, sensors are OEM and dealer installed, so I assume the hardware side is complete. Is there another ETACS step I need to do?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:47 PM

There are at least 6 type of stock parking sensors. Not of them can talk to instrument cluster.

Do you have a part# for the ones the dealer installed?

At least post your sensors button picture.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
There are at least 6 type of stock parking sensors. Not of them can talk to instrument cluster.

Do you have a part# for the ones the dealer installed?

At least post your sensors button picture.
Pic of my switch attached. The lights on the sensor areas work properly. They light up when an individual sensor(s) is active.

Part #'s according to the dealer work order:
MZ607645EX: Park Assist Control Unit
MZ607621EX: Rear Park Assist Sensor
MZ607613EX: Front Park Assist Sensor

Attached Thumbnails ETACS options customization-parking-sensor-switch.jpg  
Old 04-05-2016, 02:37 PM

bump. Any thoughts @Vadimus?

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization