Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Type A: fogs can be activated only with low beams.
Tybe B: fogs can be activated with parking lights, low and high beams.
Thanks. Any way to enable the parking lights like in the Euro model? Basically you activate the turn signal and turn the car off, then it stays dimly lit on that side.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Thanks. Any way to enable the parking lights like in the Euro model? Basically you activate the turn signal and turn the car off, then it stays dimly lit on that side.
I am sorry, but the european models does not have such a function...

Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM

First Off, Thanks Vadimus & Claude and the rest of you. I've read this thread so many times, and even took hand written notes, lol. I don't understand how this topic is not stickied yet, lol.

I have an 09 Lancer GTS and so far i've done the following:
disable DRL's
Independent Fogs
"Fixed" the manual reset on the trip computer
Recalibrated Tire size for the speed-o
Auto lock the doors at speed

the tire size thing was kinda tricky. after doing it i lost my cruise control. tonight i figured out that after entering the new tire circumfrence in the default parameters screen, you need to go back into vehicle config and enter in a 'default' tire size (prior it was 'undefined'). even if that size is not correct, i just chose the closest size. and, viola' cruise control is back on I wish i could have done this a long time ago, i might not quite yet be over 100k miles already, lol.

Also, the Lexia3 devices are readily available thru amazon and eBay from a warehouse shipping out of new mexio. it was ~$125+tax. No more need to pay customs or depend on DHL shipping from china. i ordered on Monday 7/2 recieved friday 7/6. alot quicker than i expected especially having been a holiday.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 AM

I have just purchased 1 of the Lexia3 devices from eBay thanx to you mate for letting us know that eBay has them.. Yeaar, hopefully I will VE able to change etacs options on the JDM specs and report back..

Once I receive it I may call upon some of you wizards as I'm not too pc it minded lol

Old 07-12-2012, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gen-8
I have just purchased 1 of the Lexia3 devices from eBay thanx to you mate for letting us know that eBay has them.. Yeaar, hopefully I will VE able to change etacs options on the JDM specs and report back..

Once I receive it I may call upon some of you wizards as I'm not too pc it minded lol
I´ll be waiting for your comments, I need to know is this tool works on 2007 models (such as my Out) to buy another because I am sure my LEXIA is failure, it really is frustrating not being able to "play" with settings of my ETACS

Old 07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by lordtygr
First Off, Thanks Vadimus & Claude and the rest of you.
Agreed, thanks for being pioneers and guides!

Originally Posted by lordtygr
the Lexia3 devices are readily available thru amazon and eBay from a warehouse shipping out of new mexio. it was ~$125+tax. No more need to pay customs or depend on DHL shipping from china. i ordered on Monday 7/2 recieved friday 7/6. alot quicker than i expected especially having been a holiday.
Thanks man, I didn't know that! Just ordered it from Amazon.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:51 PM

(Not very) new crazy idea. Is someone here able to program USB device communication (preferably under Windows)?
It would be nice to get rid of Diagbox monstrosity completely.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm game for your choice too vadimus. Maby ask my it geek guy

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
(Not very) new crazy idea. Is someone here able to program USB device communication (preferably under Windows)?
It would be nice to get rid of Diagbox monstrosity completely.
How about your Russian Friends...

ETACS Settings Explorer (how to change variant coding) - Mitsubishi Autoelectric

Look interesting

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization