Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by HazardousOmega
I thought that the version of diagbox I used was already patch (scarymistake version). I'll give it a shot.
So:
1- Re-install firmware 4.2.4
2- Turn off upgrade or plug after diagbox is started

Since I have a RVR/ASX/Out Sport, do I choose the C-crosser (4007) or Aircross (4008)?

Thanks
The version is patched, but but this has nothing to do with firmware upgrade...

Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Default Help with Diagbox

Originally Posted by galant2003
I tested diagbox 7.06 on my Outi 2011 today. Works great with firmware 4.2.4. Changing of customer-options and default-settings is no problem.
Hi guys, so I received my Lexia by DHL on Friday, and I have had many problems installing the software on my PC.
It came with Diagbox 5.02, and some upgrades to 5.31 that do not work for me. Can it be since I'm running windows 8?
Where can I get an updated version of Diagbox 7.06 that will work? I see many links when I Google it, but what can be trusted, and which version will work with windows 8?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pitmax
Hi guys, so I received my Lexia by DHL on Friday, and I have had many problems installing the software on my PC.
It came with Diagbox 5.02, and some upgrades to 5.31 that do not work for me. Can it be since I'm running windows 8?
Where can I get an updated version of Diagbox 7.06 that will work? I see many links when I Google it, but what can be trusted, and which version will work with windows 8?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I haven't tried it on W8 but try this link : Update PSA DiagBox WITHOUT Internet! V7.06 Allready PATCHED
You should be able to get Diagbox 7.06

I installed the 7.06 following the shown procedure and it worked on windows XP.

Last edited by HazardousOmega; 03-10-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by galant2003
That is right but:

On my european ASX diagbox works better with CCrosser. In Aircross all ecu's are shown as "unknown" and some options in etacs e.g. Power Window Type are not present.

So for most reasons I work with CCrosser. In CCrosser the Etacs is known as etacs and all options are available.

If I want to check some parameters in Engine-Ecu I take Aircross in which the 4n13-engine is intergrated.
I tried both and the CCroser has more option in my 2011 RVR. The BSI (ETACS) doesn't work with the Aircross.
About half of the ECU shown on the Global Test Run page are not reconized with Diabox 7.06 with either AirCross or CCrosser.

Also, the Diagbox is alway trying to auto configure my car ... so everytime I connect to my car it's like : Citroen->4007->Diagbox->Repair->Global Test Run->ETACS_SUV->Configuration-> (Strat auto config) -> Unplug Lexia -> Cancel login -> OK (error 414) -> Back -> Manual Config -> ...
Is there a way to skip the annoying auto config?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM

Forget the old Lexia which came with the tool. Please deinstall and take a version from scary from e. g. this site:

Update PSA DiagBox WITHOUT Internet! V7.06 Allready PATCHED

You have to register to see the downloads, but it is free of charge... All infos you need, you can find there and here...

regard

Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Default Diagbox

I haven't tried it on W8 but try this link : Update PSA DiagBox WITHOUT Internet! V7.06 Allready PATCHED
You should be able to get Diagbox 7.06

I installed the 7.06 following the shown procedure and it worked on windows XP.
Thanks, but there is no working download link. It took me to a link that is broken.
Do you have any other suggestions? Please post or PM me.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 AM

I tried both and the CCroser has more option in my 2011 RVR. The BSI (ETACS) doesn't work with the Aircross.
About half of the ECU shown on the Global Test Run page are not reconized with Diabox 7.06 with either AirCross or CCrosser.

Also, the Diagbox is alway trying to auto configure my car ... so everytime I connect to my car it's like : Citroen->4007->Diagbox->Repair->Global Test Run->ETACS_SUV->Configuration-> (Strat auto config) -> Unplug Lexia -> Cancel login -> OK (error 414) -> Back -> Manual Config -> ...
Is there a way to skip the annoying auto config?

You have to disconnect your LAN or turn off WLAN-adapter. This will prevent for auto config. After ETACS -> configuration the programm checks the internet connection and (with turnded off internet) goes to -> manual config.

The ecu shown as not recognized you can configurate too even bsi in 4008. There are no problems at all. You can read faults and parameters without problems. Sometimes you have to choose the right ecu of an popping list.

Last edited by galant2003; 03-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Question - What do I benefit by upgrading the DiagBox version? I currently run V6.19 and have not had any issues.

Does V 7.06 offer any additional parameters to change? Thanks !

Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by allezzov
Question - What do I benefit by upgrading the DiagBox version? I currently run V6.19 and have not had any issues.

Does V 7.06 offer any additional parameters to change? Thanks !
No

There are no additional parameters. But since they added 4008/Aircross it is possible for me to read defaults and parameters in engine-ecu of 4N14 Mitsu-diesel.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Default rant

man... i finally had some time over the past couple of nights to catch up, in earnest, with what's been going on in this thread lately. Still can't believe it's not stickied, lol.

also noted that someone had an issue with me charging for doing this service on other peoples cars. granted it's been a while so the issue is probably moot. but i want to set the record straight. So, if you want you can just skip this rant and move on, lol.

i own/organize houstonlancers.com. we have a bit over 200 members in and around the houston area. i do not charge membership fees or even ask for donations, it is a completly free car club. i pay for the server, website, and almost all other financial aspects of running the club comes from my pocket. now, considering the number of members that are in the club, if i were to just offer this completely free, most of them would jump on it and i'd have even less time than i already do, driving all over houston to customize etacs. time(doing the settings)+time(learning the software, etc.)+gas+cable+laptop all adds up. especially considering how large (area wise and people wise) Houston is (it can take an hour just to go down town, much less across town to any other surrounding areas), i think my charge of $20 is pretty fair. even more so considering that just to hook up a computer at the dealer ONLY TO READ FAULT CODES is about $80, i really think its fair. The charge also serves one other purpose: that they have read and understood the very scary disclaimer i have right at the top of my post. In that post i offer to help teach anyone else how to do it for absolutely free. do you know how many people have asked me to do it? none. there have even been a couple of guys not even from Houston (at least one has posted on this thread) that i've assisted at no charge. and honestly half the time i still don't charge and rather trade favors or just help a guy out. as it is, i've only even done about 10 cars in total, so the idea of anyone "making" money off this preposterous. all i'm doing is recouping a small amount of my expenses if anything. if anyone wants to fault me for this... well, i'm sorry.

if vadimus wants some kind of "royalties" from this, lemme know, we'll work something out, lol. as it is, it seems he's building his own program separate from lexia/PP/diagbox and from what i read, he's most likely going to be charging for it. as well he should! and i'll be right there paying for it like everyone else!

here's the link if anyone wants to read my thread:
View topic - Now available for 2008-2010 Lancers! ETACs/ECU Customization

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization