Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM

OK, first over-the-ocean session is done, all destroyed settings are now recovered.
Join.me remote access was a bit irritatingly slow yet still usable.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Yet another one Mitsu owner messed his ETACS settings carelessly pressing Yes when being asked for loading defaults.

I updated first message of this thread with a multiple red warnings.

But if you're already screwed, don't panic. Most likely everything could be restored if you still have DiagBox log located in c:\OUD. Even if you don't it is still fixable.
Don't rush buying new ETACS or towing you car to dealership. Most likely you can do it yourself.

I am going to offer remote rescue service, I will need a laptop connected to the car with TeamViewer/join.me/etc service running (of course it needs to have internet access).

What do you think guys? Is it worth?
Vadimus
I think it would be a better idea to have some type of documentation/screen shots available so that a "repair call" wouldn't be nessessary.
I am still waiting for my Lexxia to come via the slow boat from China. I have read most of the posts but a step by step guide would make me feel a lot more comfortable. (the post about not loading the defaults is a good example)

Thanks again for all your time and effort on this forum

Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM

Bellguy, I try to share information as much as I can.

I always ask people to join me in my study of ETACS stuff so together we'd make something better that I could ever do all alone.

Unfortunately, not that much interest is shown. Almost no one wants to provide feedback unless it is required for troubleshooting his issues.

Besides, it was very unpleasing moment when I saw my own text copied from this thread (without a slightest reference) on a several forums where those copycats were offering their service for money. By that moment I haven't charged anyone yet for changes I made to their ETACS settings. And no one of those copycats got back to me at least saying thanks.
I felt plain stupid.

So I do not want to bring to life another batch of copycats otherwise not interested in this stuff due to lack knowledge. And doing that I feel I am right as in real life something not covered in the guides happens way too often.

And last, making a clear and safe instructions is a job I don't feel like volunteering at.

When/if ETACS Decoder will be commercially available, it will be easy to use, error proof and intuitive, designed for a customer, not for enthusiast.

Until than I will always try to help if someone has questions, but for ready-to-eat food - sorry, I won't do it anytime soon. Sorry if I disappointed someone.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:34 PM

Hello Vadimus,

Please let me know if you can allow me to join the study of ETACS stuff, e.g Code and Decode the .kon file, etc. I have both the Lexia and MUT III devices.

One of the problem will be I am travelling a lot, so my response maybe slow sometime.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks Goldfish, PM sent.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Vadimus, I shall order the Lexia this evening. I was waiting to see what the support was like for my car before ordering. $100 is pretty trivial in the scope of things and if helps the cause I'm all in.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:50 PM

Thanks! Can't wait to start

Old 09-30-2013, 09:26 PM

Understood Vadimus.
I'll read thru the posts again before attempting any changes and hopefully won't need to bother you

Old 10-01-2013, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Bellguy, I try to share information as much as I can.

I always ask people to join me in my study of ETACS stuff so together we'd make something better that I could ever do all alone.

Unfortunately, not that much interest is shown. Almost no one wants to provide feedback unless it is required for troubleshooting his issues.

Besides, it was very unpleasing moment when I saw my own text copied from this thread (without a slightest reference) on a several forums where those copycats were offering their service for money. By that moment I haven't charged anyone yet for changes I made to their ETACS settings. And no one of those copycats got back to me at least saying thanks.
I felt plain stupid.

So I do not want to bring to life another batch of copycats otherwise not interested in this stuff due to lack knowledge. And doing that I feel I am right as in real life something not covered in the guides happens way too often.

And last, making a clear and safe instructions is a job I don't feel like volunteering at.

When/if ETACS Decoder will be commercially available, it will be easy to use, error proof and intuitive, designed for a customer, not for enthusiast.

Until than I will always try to help if someone has questions, but for ready-to-eat food - sorry, I won't do it anytime soon. Sorry if I disappointed someone.
Vadimus,
I had sent you a PM a week or so ago offering my assistance. I am knowledgeable of both the automotive world and computers/programming. I doubt you're programming in C++, but the fact remains that I am pretty good with software and learn quickly.

-James

Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 AM

James, I've sent you PM.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization