Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM

Hello!
Please
Where can I buy Encoder ETACS?
I have DiagBox and hardware OBD.
I appreciate the attention of all.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:44 PM

I've followed Vadimus recommendation, I've met Lars and wow what a good lad. Without this forum I would still be kicking my tires.

Thank you Lars and Vadimus.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Swordfish
Hi Vadimus, I've tried using Etacs Decoder but it refuses to save settings under "Option Coding" and "Custom Coding" with my 2012 ASX and my friends' Lancer EXs/Fortises. It always displays a dialog box error. Here are some screenshots. Check also the link to my log below. Also, I would like to ask what the difference is between "Encode" and "Write to Etacs"? I presume "Decode" forces the software to read the settings. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zvy06tni6...2012_etacs.txt
As Vadimus remembers, i had some errors while i tried to write codes in custom menu. I was having error and setting was resettin itself. So, it was a risk but tried to encode and then write to etacs. And it worked. I changed a lot custom settings like that. What i remarked, software is changing codes when you press encode with a different string.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:25 PM

Anyone tested Diagbox for 2014 Outlander (Outlander 3)????

Old 01-12-2014, 02:42 PM

I did. Doesn't work.
Actually not a surprise as PSA do not have their rebadged versions of Outlander 3.

Bought a MUT-III for developing support of a new Mitsubishi models in ETACS Decoder.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM

I just took the plunge, I got a Lex3 on the way... I'll probably need some assistance as I really don't want to brick my car.. I'll try and read through this thread and gather all the info that's here.. Is dumping your current settings pretty straight forward?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Diagbox does it by itself, just don't lose c:\OUD folder.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:33 AM

Thanks Vad..
I just finished reading all 99 pages of this thread and I earmarked all the useful posts that I will re-read when I have the hardware.

I am still a little confused as to if Diagbox or etacs_decoder is the best option for customizing... If etacs is the best do you have a link to the latest public release if it's still being released? I am a little fuzzy on it's current status.

I was thinking maybe we should setup a Wiki with all the useful info and links and FAQs..

I see people asking the same questions and having the same problems over and over and this would make it easy for people to get answers to common questions..

I already did it for a a stereo mfgr because all their info was in a 70+ page thread of disorganized info and it seems to have worked well for them.. I don't mind getting the ball rolling if you want.

Also I am a computer guy so if you need any help I will do what I can.

Thanks again,
Looking forward to getting my hardware.

One thing I never really saw an answer to is about the washer fluid levels... Does the car actually have a sensor for that built in and is it possible to enable it?

BTW These are the posts I found most relevant:
203, 284, 317, 338, 365, 381, 388, 411, 417, 420, 444
495, 519, 521, 528 & 529, 539, 546, 556, 653, 705,

Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Washer fluid level sensor is missing, besides activation you need to install it.

I bought one over a year ago but just did not have a chance to put it in.

As for having Q&A in one place - is anybody willing to build a small website? Domain is bought, I might be able to build something not very complex but I don't have enough time now.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Washer fluid level sensor is missing, besides activation you need to install it.

I bought one over a year ago but just did not have a chance to put it in.

As for having Q&A in one place - is anybody willing to build a small website? Domain is bought, I might be able to build something not very complex but I don't have enough time now.
Well that was my worst fear... Why would they leave out a washer fluid sensor -.-

I'll do it... Last time I just used wikispaces for easy searching and editing...If you want it as plain website or whatever I can do it.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization