Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Default RE: Open rear-seat DVD system

ezekiel044,

Did you ever contact your dealer, and/or get this working? I also just recently purchased a 2008 Outlander with Nav and RES and they are not communicating. The dealership told me that RES audio through the stereois an upgrade option, and I'd have to pay $310 if I didn't want to have to use the headphones to listen to the audio from the RES.
I don't understand how to interpret the Audio/Video upgrade harness Parts Bulletin that mitsupartsman.com posted. Is this saying that no RES systems in the 2008's are factory installed therefore none of them intergrate with the MMCS without this additional part? If so, why does the MMCS and RES manuals that came with theOutlander go into detail about how they do work together. I'm confused.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: lyonsmic

ezekiel044,

Did you ever contact your dealer, and/or get this working? I also just recently purchased a 2008 Outlander with Nav and RES and they are not communicating. The dealership told me that RES audio through the stereois an upgrade option, and I'd have to pay $310 if I didn't want to have to use the headphones to listen to the audio from the RES.
I don't understand how to interpret the Audio/Video upgrade harness Parts Bulletin that mitsupartsman.com posted. Is this saying that no RES systems in the 2008's are factory installed therefore none of them intergrate with the MMCS without this additional part? If so, why does the MMCS and RES manuals that came with theOutlander go into detail about how they do work together. I'm confused.
My deal told me the same thing. They told me that I would have to pay about the same amount. It's ridiculous how we have to pay for something that should be there already. I was going to actually call Mitsubishi up about it but I just haven't had the time.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Bummer, I was hoping they workedit out for you. I'm going to fight this especially since all of the manuals that came with the car clearly state it should work with out any additional "upgrade". I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said they would do what they could to get this resolved without an additional cost. I told them I was going to escalate this to Mitsubishi if they couldn't because to me this is a scam.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM

Does anyone know if connecting the MMCS and RES eliminates the "Aux" option on the audio mode selection on the MMCS. I thought I saw an image somewhere that showed the "Rear Display" mode showing up in place of the "Aux" mode. So I want to know if adding the rear display is an additional audio mode or replaces the aux mode. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by lyonsmic
ezekiel044,

oK This applies to all 2008 Outlander: As Mitsubishipartman stated the AV HARNESS IS MISSING AND THAT'S WHY THE RES SYSTEM IS BUNDLED WITH WIRELESS HEADPHONES.......
THE REALLY DISGUSTING PART IS THAT IN ORDER TO INSTALL THE HARNESS YOUR DEALER WILL HAVE TO PRACTICALLY DISASSEMBE THE ROOF THE LEFT COLUMN THE FLOOR AND THE MMCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT'S WHY I AM NOT GOING TO INSTALL IT!!! Not to mention the high cost plus the fact that BLOCKS YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very close to DIY RES project with much less money double 11inch monitors TV etc and I will be ready very soon to post it...

MMCS HAS DIFFERENT INPUT/OUTPUT FOR RES AND AUX ... THEY DON'T SHARE THE SAME CABLE... YOU CAN HAVE BOTH YOUR RES AND YOUS AUX ...

Old 02-20-2009, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by doctorC
Not to mention the high cost plus the fact that BLOCKS YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very close to DIY RES project with much less money double 11inch monitors TV etc and I will be ready very soon to post it...
My Outlander has sunroof, so 9" OEM RES practically does not affect use the interior rear mirror; with 11", I believe that the use of mirror will be cancelled when your RES is in use. I used the method rdenis-pkpaperinik to communicate the MMCS with RES and I did not seem complicated

Last edited by jsrd; 02-20-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Fragma
Does anyone know if connecting the MMCS and RES eliminates the "Aux" option on the audio mode selection on the MMCS. I thought I saw an image somewhere that showed the "Rear Display" mode showing up in place of the "Aux" mode. So I want to know if adding the rear display is an additional audio mode or replaces the aux mode. Thanks.
When you connect a source to RCA AUX inputs and your Out has the RES, AUX button will be displayed in your MMCS, additionally to the Rear Display button

Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
My Outlander has sunroof, so 9" OEM RES practically does not affect use the interior rear mirror; with 11", I believe that the use of mirror will be cancelled when your RES is in use. I used the method rdenis-pkpaperinik to communicate the MMCS with RES and I did not seem complicated

I think that with the RES 9 inch monitor open YOU CANNOT USE YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR especially in sunroof models that have their roof lowered compared to non sunroof models

Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Actually it's not that bad. It may depend on how high you sit but for me the RES only blocks about the top 1/3 of my view out the back, and only the center third. So if you split your rear view into 9 sections the RES only blocks the top center one. I do have the factory sunroof on mine. The rear headrests actually block more than the RES does.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by lyonsmic
Bummer, I was hoping they workedit out for you. I'm going to fight this especially since all of the manuals that came with the car clearly state it should work with out any additional "upgrade". I just got off the phone with the dealership and they said they would do what they could to get this resolved without an additional cost. I told them I was going to escalate this to Mitsubishi if they couldn't because to me this is a scam.
I escalated the issue and the best I got was the harness for free and a limit on the dealership installation time of 2 hours. They say it may not take 2 hours but worst case that's $250 at the $125/hr they charge. I've already spent way too much time on this so I'm just gonna pay the cost be done with it. One interesting note, the corporate office had no idea the manuals still had the information that assumes a connected system. They made me fax in several pages to prove it.

Quick Reply: Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS