Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Fragma
I escalated the issue and the best I got was the harness for free and a limit on the dealership installation time of 2 hours. They say it may not take 2 hours but worst case that's $250 at the $125/hr they charge. I've already spent way too much time on this so I'm just gonna pay the cost be done with it. One interesting note, the corporate office had no idea the manuals still had the information that assumes a connected system. They made me fax in several pages to prove it.
I finally called and spoke to Mitsu and they said that they couldn't do anything for me. I gave them the part number and mentioned about the manual too. They said, "Thank you for that valuable information. However, we can not do anything for you as the '08 did not come with the RES as a factory installed option." I'm starting to hate Mitsu...argh

Old 10-12-2009, 03:11 PM

Some pin-outs from me ))

Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM

Hello. Hope somebody could advise on the following question.

I have Mitsubishi DVD (RSE) installed by the dealer and the basic sound system.

Sound system AUX in is working fine - was able to play sound from a notebook on it.

DVD sound on headphones is fine. However, I have no Speaker button on the remote/equivalent cursor menu option to switch sound to AUX/car's sound system.

I also have an additional printed page that goes with DVD manual stating this difference of installation from the manual.

Did anybody have such installation? Is there some way to play sound from DVD on car audio system?
Is disabling speaker output done via hardware or some firmware of the player that can be upgraded?

Last edited by Alexdmn; 10-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:42 AM

this special harness is available in the USA see below

OEM Catalog
HARNESS TELEVISION VIDE 8528a023 $106.13

Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Unfortunately this is not full installation instruction ((

In full installations rear display can be use from head display like "title" and "chapter" on-screen buttons.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Default Installed 8528a023; lost AUX

Hi

I recently purchased the Audio/Video Upgrade Harness (8528a023), and had my dealer install it today. This was their first time installing it and it took them a long time. As far as I could tell the harness should connect to D-06 and D-16 on the RES and D-123 under the left seat. However, the RCA jacks on the RES also connect to D-16. The result of this is that I now have communication between MMCS and RES, but have lost my AUX input. "Video Input" is now N/A on the connections screen of the MMCS.

How can I reenable AUX together with the harness?

I also already had a connector plugged into D-123. I think it is some variant of the "loopback" connector that is used to enable the RCA inputs on the center console for models that have those. My connector however, had some "loops" and some cables that disappears under the seat. No idea where they go.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Morgan

Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM

Does anyone know the part number of the connectioncable for C8?

Sorry for my bad english

Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by doctorC
TO RDENIS
I live in Greece and I havea 2008 Outlander (sunroof, full MMCS no RES)and as I have read the wire HARNESS that connects RES & MMCS should be missing.... That actually cripples RES AS YOU CAN ONLNY WATCH DVD USING WIRELESS HEADPHONES..... (Imagine my two sons on the backwearing these headphones for2-3 hours......).SO my questions are:
1. ISN'T IT DIFFICULT TO INSTALL THE HARNESS AFTERWARDS???...It seems to me that one should disassemble the roof cover the side and the floor of the car in order to pass the extra cables from RES to MMCS.....Ok the Mitsubishi dealer will do that but for GREECE I THINK IT WILL BE THE FIRST OUTLANDER TO FIX AND I AM NOT SURE THAT THEY WILLKNOW WHAT TO DO....
2. Do you happen to know if the video out of MMCS (to RES) is always active even if NO RES IS INSTALLED? or it is activated only after RES detection ????
I think you know what I am thinking: One might take this video out signal and feed an aftermarket or DIY RES system.... (I have some thoughts on it... I'll post them later...)
3. There was a post regarding an S video connector on the back of MMCS .. Is thisVERIFIED?Is it a true S video connector or something else? finally
4. As you know the whereabouts of this car : Can someone place some extra cabling from MMCS down and beneath the centre console (below ash tray, gear lever etc)to the place where the aux video in cables are? ( I would like to feed the extra video out of MMCs if active there...)

Round connector is not a S-Video, connector is for 5.1 dvd sound to amplifier in Pajero models...

Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by edifice
Round connector is not a S-Video, connector is for 5.1 dvd sound to amplifier in Pajero models...
Yes? Really? Where from You know that? May You specify more precisly?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 PM

This connection is used only in Pajero models, with original amplifier. 5.1 sound or digital signal to amp. is delivered via this cable!

Originally Posted by WiValdiBB
Yes? Really? Where from You know that? May You specify more precisly?

Quick Reply: Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS