Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Default RE: Open rear-seat DVD system

Actually, the two connectors aren't the same. The one on the head unit appears to be s-video and I don't know what the one on the rear display is.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:50 PM

if you want the rear display to communicate with the MMCS you can purchase this harness for $104.29.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:10 AM

I guess that for 07 models we should have this harness already pre-installed and pre-wired right?

Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 AM

Hi rcpax. I installed the RES and only there is the prewiring that provides energy to the RES; in order to obtain the communication with the MMCS, is required harness that mentions mitsupartsman or apply the rdenis/pkpaperinik's method, solution that I made.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks for providing this part number. Has anyone here purchased this harness? I'd be interested in knowing more about it, in particular the installation directions. I can't find any description or pictures of this part on the web and I'd rather not pay $100+ before knowing exactly what I'm getting.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Hello all,

I picked up my 08 SE a couple ofweeks ago.
I have pretty much all the options.
I have the RES and the MMCS but they don't seem to communicate. According to what I have read through all this, I'm supposed to be able to watch the DVDs playing in the RES on the front screen and vice versa, correct?
If that's the case, I guess I'll have to call up the dealer.
Your advice/comments are welcome.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:21 AM

the harness i believe will have connecors D-06,D-16 and attach to D-123

Old 01-09-2009, 02:53 PM

TO RDENIS
I live in Greece and I havea 2008 Outlander (sunroof, full MMCS no RES)and as I have read the wire HARNESS that connects RES & MMCS should be missing.... That actually cripples RES AS YOU CAN ONLNY WATCH DVD USING WIRELESS HEADPHONES..... (Imagine my two sons on the backwearing these headphones for2-3 hours......).SO my questions are:
1. ISN'T IT DIFFICULT TO INSTALL THE HARNESS AFTERWARDS???...It seems to me that one should disassemble the roof cover the side and the floor of the car in order to pass the extra cables from RES to MMCS.....Ok the Mitsubishi dealer will do that but for GREECE I THINK IT WILL BE THE FIRST OUTLANDER TO FIX AND I AM NOT SURE THAT THEY WILLKNOW WHAT TO DO....
2. Do you happen to know if the video out of MMCS (to RES) is always active even if NO RES IS INSTALLED? or it is activated only after RES detection ????
I think you know what I am thinking: One might take this video out signal and feed an aftermarket or DIY RES system.... (I have some thoughts on it... I'll post them later...)
3. There was a post regarding an S video connector on the back of MMCS .. Is thisVERIFIED?Is it a true S video connector or something else? finally
4. As you know the whereabouts of this car : Can someone place some extra cabling from MMCS down and beneath the centre console (below ash tray, gear lever etc)to the place where the aux video in cables are? ( I would like to feed the extra video out of MMCs if active there...)

Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM

hey doc, locate that d-123 connector under the seat. that connector is the lead from the MMCS with the RES signals you are looking for. its a 24pin connector if that helps.

p/n 8528a023 goes from that connector up to the RES

Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 PM

MITSUPATRMAN, I ckecked beneath driver's seat and the only VISIBLE cables are two seats of most probably power wires for power and heating seat.....
IF this connector exists it should be underneath the floor carpet......
Our friend from ITALY that started this thread DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CONNECTOR AND ALL THE TALKING FROM RDENIS WAS HOW TO MAKE THE CONNECTIONS BEHIND THE MMCS AND NOT WITH THE D123 CONNECTOR....
I BELIEVE THAT THE CABLES ARE MISSING ALL THE WAY FROM MMCS UP TO RES...

Quick Reply: Euro Solution - Connecting Rear Seat DVD and MMCS