Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Factory USB and Aftermarket Stereos

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Default Factory USB and Aftermarket Stereos

Apologies if this has already been covered on the forum, but I'm struggling to find any answers through Google.

I'm looking at upgrading the stereo on my Wife's 2011 Outlander. I've done upgrades on other, older, vehicles and this looks largely the same so I figure I'll try this myself and hopefully save the $450 the store wants to install it for me.

However, on the older vehicles I upgraded in the past it's just been a case of switching out the stereos, and there are a few more ***** and twidlers on the Outlander. I've found a gadget that will allow me to maintain the use of the steering wheel controls, but what I can't figure out is... will I be able to maintain functionality of the factory installed USB sockets? I've seen adapters online for Nissans, Toyotas, Chryslers etc but can't find one for Mitsubishi.

So my questions are... Is it theoretically possible t maintain the factory USB? Has anyone been able to do it DIY and if you needed an adapter where did you get it from?

Thanks

Old 11-30-2014, 05:38 PM

Do you want to keep the connector in the same place or use the existing Bluetooth/USB module?
If you want to re-use the existing cable, you will probably need to cut off the end going into the BT module and solder it to a proper USB connector on that end (its only 4 wires).