Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

First impressions of my 19my petrol outy

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 03:33 PM
Default First impressions of my 19my petrol outy

First impressions of my 19my outlander petrol.
Picked the car from the dealers this afternoon, very impressed with firs garage hook norton. Provided mats, an umbrella and a canvass bag with the car, plus half a tank of motion lotion.
I’ve just come out of a Volvo XC60 5 cylinder auto, so my initial impressions are based on that car.
Doors feel in comparison very tinny and thin, the Seat is not a match to Volvos, but this will change as I get it into the right position, I got a bit of backache in the 21 mile drive home.
But Mitsubishi, why no seat memory? Surely it’s not that expensive and yo have put electric Seat in.
Steering is much lighter, which is very good. Car holds the road well and is very quiet engine wise.
the rear parcel shelf is a joke, flimsy and again feels cheap.
Headlights are superb, a match to the Xenons in the Volvo.
IFE is ok, getting my head around Android Auto, sound is good
I’m hearing a bit of booming from the rear, not surprising as it is a square box with a tissue paper parcel shelf 😄

I’m going to enjoy this car, but, there is one thing about it that’s really poor.

From a standing start it’s nippy, to start with, but, I’m not going to be overtaking even a tractor, as the kick down acceleration is truly pants, 5,000 rpm eventually but no real extra forward speed increase.
I tried accelerating with the paddles, I tried accelerating with eco turned off, but no luck there isn’t any in gear acceleration!

Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 PM

Does anyone have a British English to American English dictionary I could borrow?

Seriously, even though your new car is probably quite different from a U.S. spec. Outlander I am still a bit interested to hear your report. What is the displacement of the engine? What is a parcel shelf?

Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 AM

Engine is a 2.0 ltr unit,
parcel shelf, is the rear boot (trunk) cover you pull to cover the boot (trunk) area.
Spec is a U.K. 4 spec, includes android auto, and Apple car okay, led headlights and fog lights
leather seats with powered drivers seat only, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen 360 degree camera, cross trafficcalers and blind spot monortoring. No sun(moon) roof on any European cars anymore in any spec.
no navigation on any European spec cars anymore and seems to be The way Mitsubishi are going, expecting you to use google maps or Waze with your phone through android auto or Apple car play.
gearbox is a CVT 6 speed with flappy paddle shift. I think this box is the issue with kickdown in gear being rubbish.
i added front and rear parking sensors as an option (again in U.K., no options list available)

Old 12-22-2018, 11:18 AM

Pictures now in the gallery. (I haven’t worked out how to add them to the thread lol)

Old 12-22-2018, 12:34 PM

Looks nice. I like the red. Of course the steering wheel is on the wrong side...

Some people mention the driver seat having a little play, allowing a sort of rocking motion. Just curious if you detect any such thing.

Enjoy it.

Cheers.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:46 PM

Still,learning the car, but not felt the rock yet....