Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

I have a 2010 Outlander GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DEOUTLANDER
What type of gas does it take Regular or Super? Also what apr offers did they have for 72 months finance?
Says Super for "maximum performance", but I can tell you that it runs fine on regular.

I don't know about 72 months, they change that stuff monthly. I got 1.9% for 48 months.

Also $1000 credit for return customer (was $500 previously)

Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Default Ipod woes

Hi all--

I just purchased the 2010 outlander with the Rockford Fosgate system (part of the "sun and sound" option). The car is NOT equipped with the navigation system.
Only had the car for a few days, and love it so far, but I have several questions:

1) When I plug my ipod classic (relatively new, 60 gig) into the USB plug, all I get is "ipod load" on the screen, and I cannot access my files at all ("ipod load" does not disappear and none of the controls work). The dealership couldn't explain this because this is the 1st car they have sold with this particular system. They're "looking into it" but maybe someone out there has an answer. My guess is that I have formatted my music and playlists in a way that the system does not recognize...? I should also add the following:
The Ipod recognizes that it is plugged into the car because a dialog screen at the top of the ipod says something like "remote connection detected" and the ipods controls don't work.
I can get the Ipod to work on the RCA cables, but then it's not charging, and you can't control the ipod using the car's controls...

2) is there a NON-ipod MP3 player that works particularly well for anyone out there, or would most Mitsu owners recommend the mac product (and why?). I ask because my wife and I are going to purchase a music player specifically for the car, so I just need music storage.

3) has anyone used an itouch with bluetooth for navigation purposes? Of course, this would be an itouch with the GPS software installed. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Since the GT doesn't come with the factory roof rails, can you check to see if it has the pre-drilled/tapped holes under the rubber strips on the roof?

I'm getting a new one delivered in June and need a roof rack for the cargo bag I already have. Haven't decided if I want the full Thule rack or just the roof rails (which I should hopefully be able to purchase if the holes are already there and tapped).

Thanks
Bryan
______
Soon to be owner of Outlander GT

Old 03-25-2010, 06:39 PM

I actually have the SE (I forget if I wrote that I have a GT, or if it was a typo...). Sorry for the confusion. We got the SE in part because of the roof rails. I have already purchased a Yakima rack to mount on the roof rails, and it's quite sturdy (I prefer yakima over Thule). I'm not sure what Yakima or Thule do for pillars for the GT, but you may not even need the roof rails...unless you're carrying a kayak or something heavy.