Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Looking to buy an Outlander... worth getting the Fosgate system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014 | 08:54 AM

Thanks RoGuE_StreaK. I know about offline maps in Google, but for long trips nothing beats NAVIGON; used it in Europe, Canada and USA. The biggest plus for me with Navigon is lane assist in big cities that I am not familiar with where there are sometimes 2-3 exits and it all depends on what lane you are. Yeah, Google also introduced lane assist too, but Navigon does it full screen and I find their implementation much better.
I've been using Sat Nav on phones for years, since the days of Garmin Mobile for Symbian on a Nokia N8 and in my opinion the best I've tried was the Nokia Drive/Maps. But map wise Navigon and Nokia Maps should be the same, they both use the latest Navteq maps.

As as side note, since we are talking about car Navigation > the big thing to look for are head units with MirrorLink technology. They can basically mirror your phone and you can operate the phone by using the screen on the car headunit. I find it the best in terms of usage since I have everything that I need and want on my phone anyway. They are a few available on the market right now and I would buy one, but I am not sure if it is compatible with the Rockford Fosgate speaker system I already have in my car.

Last edited by Corbul; 05-17-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2014 | 09:00 PM

The Fosgate sound system is the BEST feature of my 2014 Outlander GT. No kidding. The sound is just so crisp and clear and the Bass is amazing. It is a definitive YES. I would for sure get it again

I did not get the Nav for all the "No" reasons stated by people before, just the Fosgate with CD unit. I tried the NAV on a demo vehicle and it looked and felt just so dated, slow and not worth the money they wanted.

Old 05-22-2014 | 12:27 AM

There is no doubt that the amplifier and the speakers are very good, unfortunately the headunit is not (in my opinion). Bluetooth and USB hickups are common every little while, the UI is inconvenient.

Worst is, if you have the amp installed, you´re fixed to the OEM radio and can´t change to another HU.

I would not choose it again, but look for another good amp and speakers. There are a few on the market.