Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS Sirius radio update killed radio-2007 Outlander XLS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Default RE: MMCS Sirius radio update killed radio-2007 Outlander XLS

Glad I ran a search on "Antenna Error" before making an appointment with Mistu service. This exact same thing happened to the MMCS in my 08 Lancer. How friggin' annoying. I wonder what fuse to pull for a Lancer.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 PM

Its the exact same fuse in the same location for the Lancer. Fuse #7 under dash.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM

I called my dealer and he said that they had to pull the fuse and reset it to make it work

Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Kudos to those who posted here and a big F-you to Sirius. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that I went through all the usual b.s. trying to get Sirius to help when my radio froze shortly after the new channel config was sent. I, too, received the antennae error.

Same solution here for my 2008 Outlander XLS. I pulled the #7 fuse (the radio fuse), immediately replaced it, and *presto* the radio rebooted and Sirius was back up in about 30 seconds. No loss of saved data, either. My Sirius stations were still programmed as were all of my saved GPS locations in the navi system.

By the way, the interior fuse box (where the radio fuse lives) is behind the coin compartment or whatever you like to call the little storage compartment on the driver's side, below and to the left of the steering wheel. Just yank out the coin tray (instructions are in your owners manual in the section on "fuses," if you are not intrepid) and the fuses are behind it. The fuse pulling tool is apparently found in the separate fuse box located in the engine compartment, but I didn't bother to look for it as a long tweezer was effective. You might want to confirm in your car manual that #7 is the radio fuse, but from the posts in this forum, it sounds like it's the same fuse for everyone. In my vehicle, #7 is the first fuse on the left in the top full row of four fuses.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Can anyone direct me as to which fuse I could try for a 2008 Eclipse? I tried the top left one in the box and the one labled #7 on the fuse-box door diagram with no success from either. Any infromation is appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 PM

if you can't locate the radio fuse under the dash, try the iod in the engine compartment. in the fuse box it would be the yellow holder
with i believe has 2 fuses in it.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 PM

2008 Outlander XLS Canadian version, same ANTENNA ERROR on Nov 12, pulled the radio fuse, re-retrieved the channel lineup, all is well so far. Local dealer was unaware of any issues, forwarded them the service bulletin you guys posted here.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I guess they don't read their email much

Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Blackbat,

I too have a 2008 eclipse spyder and Sirius killed my radio during the update. I just went out and pulled fuse 22 & 23 together located in the engine compartment fuse. You will see these two fuses together they have a yellow plastic piece around them. Just pull up on this yellow piece enough to pull the fuses out. Push back in all the way and turn on your radio and Yahoo you should be back in business. Mine is back and the stored channels are still there.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Thank you guys - I had the same exact problem with the Satellite Radio posting an "SAT ERROR" message. I pulled the #7 fuse from the passenger side and it reset the radio. The satellite is working again. Vehicle is a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander LS, AWD with Sun and Sound Package.

For those, like me, finding fuses boxes for the first time - some hints. The Fuse is in the driver side fuse box, which is located behind the personal compartment. The personal compartment takes some tugging to get out. So both hands and pull hard. Also, there is a fuse tool located in the engine fuse box. It is a white clip in the upper right hand part of the fuse box. Careful pulling it out - if you drop it, it dissapears somewhere in the engine splash cover underneath - did that already. Glad you guys posted a fix - helped tremendously. Just hope the next update doesn't knock it out again.