Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Music Server Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Default Music Server Instructions

I am a newbie to the forums and I have one question that I can't seem to figure out on my own. I have the Music Server and have recorded many disks, but they all go under the "Original" group. I have created other groups, but I don't know how to move the recordings from group to group. I've searched the instructions and the forum but can't find the answer. Can anyone give me instructions how to do this?

Thanks,

Old 12-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Default RE: Music Server Instructions

I think it just makes references to your custom groups (i.e. all recordings are always available in the 'original' group). I don't recall the exact steps to get to the screens, but you basically have to run "searches" and add music from those search results to your group. The interface is a bit weird, but after playing with it for a while you should get the hang of it.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Yes, that is correct, you have to use searches to make playlists in different groups. This took me a while to completly understand, as it just did last weekend after having mine since September. While in the music server, hit the little up arrow in the bottom left, and then the button on the middle of the left side (something settings) and then hit top right (I think) which is search. You can then search by artist, track, date, length, category and more. Once you search, you can in the bottom left corner there will be a new playlist or something button, You click that and then select a group to add it to, then you get to name it, and then you are done. A little bit of a pain, but it is worth it once you have done it all.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Thanks everyone. Now I just need to spend some time building allthe groups. My wife will love being able to find her music easier...

Old 12-17-2007, 04:10 PM

I have a similar question. Is there any easy way to do a "Random Play All?" Is there any way at all?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Jazar

I have a similar question. Is there any easy way to do a "Random Play All?" Is there any way at all?
Yes, touch "^", then touch Random, then immediately touch Random a 2nd time.

The first touch randomizes the current playlist, the second touch randomizes through all playlists.

Selecting a track manually, however, will turn off random play again.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: brian360

ORIGINAL: Jazar

Yes, touch "^", then touch Random, then immediately touch Random a 2nd time.

The first touch randomizes the current playlist, the second touch randomizes through all playlists.

Selecting a track manually, however, will turn off random play again.

...and i think you have to be in "Original Group" --if you want the random play of ALL your tunes--when you do this