Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Odd engine noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Default RE: Odd engine noise

If it makes you guys feel better, I've owned many new cars in my life, they all have a distinct personality when it comes to "noises". My 2004 lancer used to make a strange hizing sound when on iddle, my nissan sentra made slight burpy sound while the RPMs were low as well. And now, my outtie does this weird click click sound thats really hard to tell but its there when you hit about 45 and you shift gears when the RPMS drop you hear it, but once the RPMs catch up its gone....really weird.

My advice would be not to worry about it, after all you have a 10/100,000 warranty on that motor, if anything does go bad before then, its free.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Default UPDATE: Noise has been fixed!

El Cajon Mitsubishi here in San Diego County was able to determine the source of my engine noise. It was a defective manifold which was promptly replaced. Kudos to this dealership for stepping up to the plate! Remember, the other local dealership said the noise was "normal" for all Outlanders and that I shouldn't worry about it since I was covered under a 10yr/100k warranty.

When I went to El Cajon Mitsubishi, I didn't get the "it's normal" answer like the other dealership. In fact, the service guy stated the noise was abnormal and started to look around in the engine and underneath the car to determine the general location of the noise. He assigned two service techs who were able to quickly identify and correct the problem. The dealership was very professional and friendly at all levels. They beat out the local Infiniti dealership (I have a G35 coupe) in fact!

Kudos to these guys. =O)