Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Spacer Lift kit for Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tulsaboy
I am running 235/65/16 on my "summer" wheels and 215/70/on my winter (original steel) wheels. The 235's is one of the standard option packages from Discount Tire Direct. Their web site gives several options based on same wheel size or plus 1 (17") or plus 2 (18"), each with tire options. They also show the true speed at an indicated 65 mph compared to the OEM originals.
Would you mind posting pictures of your Outie with 235/65/16? I just want to see how it looks compared to using 235/70/16 tires. Thanks a lot.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa
im pretty sure its safe to say this is going nowhere.
I haven't heard from Subtle Solutions for a while but the last email they sent was.....

"We would like to get at least 15 guys or so to get this into production.
We'll keep an eye on the forum topic."

Old 04-08-2011, 11:50 AM

so far 10 interested parties. They need to atleast get us more details, cost, Where is the shop located?

Old 04-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Thats going to look awesome jdhamh. I can't wait to see it. I didn't see your post till now Firebretha.... I suggest sending them a message telling them you are interested and want more info. Maybe if they get more emails other than mine this will get the ball rolling. Their is a "contact us" link on their website and it will send them a message.

http://www.subtle-solutions.com/

I'm not exactly sure of their location other than them being in the USA.

Last edited by Xception; 04-08-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 PM

they are based in CA

All orders placed with Subtle Solutions (phone, fax, mail, internet/web & e-mail) constitute the acknowledgement and acceptance of all conditions listed on Subtle Solutions Price List and all conditions listed below. All parts shall remain the property of Subtle Solutions until paid for in full. All orders shipped to a California address must pay state, county & city sales tax as required by the California State Board of Equalization. In the event that an order placed on the web does not calculate sales tax and the order is being shipped to a California address, Subtle Solutions will calculate the sales tax when the order is processed and call or e-mail the customer with the new amount.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread. What happened with this project. Did they ever make it?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Default spacers

Being in the bearing industry for many years, one should always be aware of possible damage to the wheel bearings when installing spacers, see below article from eHow.

Because the wheels are further from the hub, more stress is placed on the wheel bearing, hubs and/or axles, potentially causing these parts to fail prematurely.

Brian

Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM

Brainb I beg to differ slightly.
In general yes you are correct but also not!!
If it creates a lot of stress then why do we and Most other time attack racers use them!
We run 35mm spacers on the front of the Evo 8 time attack car and 20 on the rear both with a 10" wide 18" rim and track tyres

Only changed the bearings 2tines in 5 years. Won lots of events too

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 PM

Another bump any news on any kits out there to get a tad bit more height

Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by BrianB
Being in the bearing industry for many years, one should always be aware of possible damage to the wheel bearings when installing spacers, see below article from eHow.

Because the wheels are further from the hub, more stress is placed on the wheel bearing, hubs and/or axles, potentially causing these parts to fail prematurely.

Brian
Originally Posted by Gen-8
Brainb I beg to differ slightly.
In general yes you are correct but also not!!
If it creates a lot of stress then why do we and Most other time attack racers use them!
We run 35mm spacers on the front of the Evo 8 time attack car and 20 on the rear both with a 10" wide 18" rim and track tyres

Only changed the bearings 2tines in 5 years. Won lots of events too
The spacers being referred to in the thread are a spacer for a body lift kit. BrianB, you're thinking of a wheel spacer.

Quick Reply: Spacer Lift kit for Outlander