Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Successful Remote starter install 07 XLS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Default RE: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL INSTALL!!!!!!!! DONE

ORIGINAL: HandyPal

I guess I'll wait 'till an aftermarket remote starter/security system releasedwith built-in transponder bypass.

I consider security of the car with this kind of setup, mentionedby 'dekodan' and otherscompromised for the following reasons:
1. Presence of immobilizer bypass (equivalent to a transponder key kept in the car).
One can easily figure how to supply 12 volt to this PAT-MITS2 box permanently with couple of jumper wiresrendering imobilizer partuseless.
2. breaking the ignition lock is always possible and would be the only thing to stop thieves now.
My only comment to this is that if someone wanted my Outlander that badly, they will get it. If you ask any professional install shop if they could get through "the system", they could. A pro thief could do the same. Also, there are flatbed tow trucks...

I wouldn't get too paranoid about this.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:32 PM

True enough, in fact, mitsus don't get stolen very often.
I'm still looking for alternativeson intelligent system as mentioned.
Why would I make it easier for somebody to crack my car? It's secure enough from factory, just lacking some luxury/convenience options.
BTW, couldsomebody get me a link to wiring diagrams for the Outlander08?
I'm still up to DIY install, once I selected proper gear.
Thanks for all your useful input.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:43 PM

here's an interesting finding related to my remote starter install...
so i had to sacrifice a key for the starter to work...so this left me with 1 fast key remote with out the oem emergency key
went to pep boys the other day and had my key copied
without using my remote starter...i approached the car, doors opened, stepped in, then tried to start using the "copied key"...it fit right in BUT the engine woulndt crank
of course it didnt have the rf chip on it so it was expected
BUT, while inside the car, turned on the engine via remote start...used the "copied key" to try and drive away with the car...it worked!

im not sure if its a good or a bad thing..but i have a spare key now that only cost me 3 bucks that can open my doors, glove compartment and can drive the car away with only when the car is remotely started.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Hi i am going to attempt to install a remote starter on my 07 outlander I have installed many beforeon other types of cars with and without Transponder bypass modules. I am not having any luck finding a Vehicle wiring Chart for the 07 outlander I can only find up to the 06 outlander, 07 i belive is different. Can someone please post the 07 Outlander wiring chart for a remote start. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 PM

I just got a starter install in my mitsu and i have fast key.

Everything from the fast key still works... EVERYTHING.

I asked him why lots of people say it cant be done and he is able to do it. He says he has access to the mitsu's computer. I helps that he works at a dealership here in edmonton!

Old 07-03-2009, 11:26 PM

What brand of remote starter do you have? and what model year Outlander do you drive?

Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 PM

I just got one put in yesterday.

It cost me 300 bucks cash!

I retained all of my f.a.s.t. key abilities.

I heard of these places saying that i would have to give them a f.a.s.t. key fob that they would have to use in the car for the starter. And even then they could not give me a straight answer if they would really need to burn a fob. This sounded amateurish. So I went to the dealership to ask questions.

At the dealership they sent me to "their guy" who installs all the starters in their and other dealerships cars. Explained to me that the difference between him and the other - fob burning- guys is that he has access to the on board computer.

The end of the story is... he installed it and it works like a regular starter and my fast key still works!

thanks is all my friends.

hope this helps

Old 07-04-2009, 06:54 PM

i drive a 2008 LS

i will get back to ya on the model of the unit installed

Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
hap

if you lose the remote controller for the factory installed remote start, outlander sport 2011, what does it cost to replace?