Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TSB for 07 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Default RE: TSB List for 07 Outlander?

btw, I heard that "clunk" that everyone been talking about and after going through a few threads I found this:

GROUP 35 Service Brakes : ABS Pump Noise (Update): 2006-07 Eclipse, 2007 Eclipse Spyder and Outlander : ABS System Conducts a self-check to ensure it is functioning properly the first time the vehicle reaches approx 2.5 mph. During the self check, a "clunking" noise will be heard from the right front of the engine compartment. The noise only occurs the first time the vehicle is driven after the engine is started. It will not reoccur until the engine is restarted. This noise is a normal operation of the ABS System. Do not attempt to repair this condition.

So, that basically tells us that there is no issue with clunk noise. FYI, I had the same EXACT thing on TSX.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 AM

Hey all,

HERE IS A LINK FOR THE '07 OUTLANDER TSB...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callsearch.cfm

Select the make, model, and year for the vehicle.

There is like 5 TSB for the Outlander. Sure enough Imma print that out and give it to the dealer to get it fix.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 AM

btw thanks to val., it was very useful.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM

I don't know where you see 5 TSBs, I only see 2 that can be used.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

btw, I heard that "clunk" that everyone been talking about and after going through a few threads I found this:

GROUP 35 Service Brakes : ABS Pump Noise (Update): 2006-07 Eclipse, 2007 Eclipse Spyder and Outlander : ABS System Conducts a self-check to ensure it is functioning properly the first time the vehicle reaches approx 2.5 mph. During the self check, a "clunking" noise will be heard from the right front of the engine compartment. The noise only occurs the first time the vehicle is driven after the engine is started. It will not reoccur until the engine is restarted. This noise is a normal operation of the ABS System. Do not attempt to repair this condition.

So, that basically tells us that there is no issue with clunk noise. FYI, I had the same EXACT thing on TSX.
In my case the cluck noise I have is related to this TSB I give a copy to my service departement and they said that my S/N is on the list for the affected outlander they just the order forthe parts waiting for my appointment to get this fix !!

Name:  TSBoutlander07.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  91.1 KB

Old 08-31-2007, 01:41 PM

I don't want to be bothered with this unless its absolutely neccessary, but do you know if Outlanders with build 02/07 have this issue?

Old 08-31-2007, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

I don't want to be bothered with this unless its absolutely neccessary, but do you know if Outlanders with build 02/07 have this issue?
what I know is that mine was build in July 2007 and is affected . Next time your at your dealership show them a copy of this TSB and ask them if your outlander is affected that's what I did.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 PM

Mine is January 2007 build and I did not have the front-end clunk andI know how it sounds because I test drove 3 different cars, December 06builds and theywere all making the noise.

I hadthe TSB for throttle hesitation done. Although I did not have a big problem with it before, I think the TSB helps. After Ihad the TSB done, I tried everything to reproduce the hesitation but without success. Every time the cardownshifted and took offimmediately.
Thetech scanned thefirmware versions on the different components and this is the only update that came up. I don't know what the other TSBs are for.

I will also be getting my radio replaced once it comes in – perhaps next week.

After I had myoil changed, I realized that I did it a monthor 2000 km earlier. Bugger!
I learned that the tech at the dealershipwrites 1000 km less on the maintenance reminder sticker theyput on the windshield.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:13 AM

can you describe that clunking noise? Is it constant or happens once?

Old 09-01-2007, 12:12 PM

it happens everytime you back up and shift into D, turn the steering into straight drive.

Quick Reply: TSB for 07 Outlander