Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Unusual Wear

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 PM

Nope, haven't worn a jacket since buying it. And only wear a ring on the opposite hand.
It has to be my pants rubbing up against it.

As stated by outpack

Originally Posted by outpack
Just tell your dealer its not your fault God blessed you with such a package that you have to sit with your legs that far apart

Old 08-31-2009, 12:44 PM

I have a few scuffs, very light though. Just pants or leg rubbing shouldnt of caused that much wear though. Its like the clearcoat on the plastic was bad on got rubbed off. I'd still try to get it replaced, cause that is NOT normal.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM

thanks everyone!!! I think some sunscreen may have been the culprit but Im sure as hell not gonna tell the dealer that...

Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by jangledang
thanks everyone!!! I think some sunscreen may have been the culprit but Im sure as hell not gonna tell the dealer that...
...sunscreen - or mosquito repellent with DEET in it-- I spilled some high concentration DEET repellent once in another car, and it actually deformed the plastic on the console .. : (

Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by jangledang
That makes sense. Now it would be interesting to see if this will be fixed under waranty. I bet however it falls under the same category as wear and tear just like for everything else and they'll just laugh at you for wanting it fixed for free.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by klas
That makes sense. Now it would be interesting to see if this will be fixed under waranty. I bet however it falls under the same category as wear and tear just like for everything else and they'll just laugh at you for wanting it fixed for free.
It seems the paint used on the interior trim will break down when in contact with certain chemicals. I've seen it recently caused by oil emitted from an air freshener. If you have a good relationship with your local service dept they will replace the failed part, recommend what to use to maintain the finish, and tell you they may not be able to warranty it again.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:47 PM

that's good to know mitsuman, but what exactly can be classified a "good relationship"? Do you have bring gifts and setup dates with the service crew? j/k of course. In any case I would consider a "good relationship" if you are not there for every single thing that happens with your car and wanting it to get fixed for free.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 PM

A good service dept is in business to maintain your vehicle (not to handle all the aftersales problems). Where do you go to get your oil changed and tires rotated? I hope not walmart! Places like that won't identify needed service until its too late. When would you like to know you need brakes, before or after your rotors are destroyed?
Get to know your service dept and they will help you when your in need. And if that dosen't work bring food. That ALWAYS worked on me lol