Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

used outie market?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Default used outie market?

when i bought my 08 outlander my plan was always to sell it after 3-4 years while the warranty was still good (i think a sale kicks it from 7 to 5 years). i was also hoping that the car would be a hit in the US which would make the used market more popular. i'm still not seeing to many on the road so i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience in private sales and whether my original plan is still likely. i love the car, might even buy a new one once/if i get to sell my current one.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Default RE: used outie market?

If you live in the US you can go to Kelly Blue Book www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com to see whatused outties are selling forin the area you live.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Default RE: used outie market?

It does seem that the Outlander continues to be a phantom to everyone outside the Mitsubishi world. People who have them, love them (i have 3 friends from work who also own Outlanders and we all love them). I think you just have to put someone inside one of these things and let them drive it. But as far as people wanting a used Outlander...I'm not sure the market is there yet. But give it a few years, as you say your not looking to sell for a few years anyway, and see how the economy looks, see if people are interested in these crossover SUV machines and dont ask an outrageous price, and i dont see a problem as to why you could not get the sale. The transferrable warranty helps too.