Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Default RE: what do you hate?

I just discovered yesterday that the Outlander does not have a low washer fluid indicator. This is an annoying omission IMO. However, I can live with it.

Desired, but not available: Auto lights.
Nice to have but not required: telescopic steering wheel and lumbar support.
Annoyance: The steering wheel audio control “Seek” function instead of move through “presets” and no “Mute” button (you have to turn the radio off all together).

Old 12-17-2007, 04:27 PM

Am I the only one who has trouble finding a comfortable position to rest my arms? The arm rest is too far back on the center (even when extended) and the arm rest on the side door is too low and rough.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM

yea, I have the same problem actually. I have learned to live with it, but yea, there is no comfortable position for my arms. The arm rest is too far back and too low for me (I am 6'4") so it is basically useless.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
tcp

I think the only thing that really bothers me is that it is next to impossible to read the level on the dipstick. I added some hash marks on one side to try to increase the visual, but that didn't help either...it really sucks.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM

I agree....the oil dipstick is horrible to read!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:55 PM

I agree on the dipstick. There's absolutely no way you're able to get an accurate reading, since the 5W20 oil too is too clear. Do you guys think Mitsu needs to replace this? Perhaps if we write enough complaints maybe we can get a free replacement (should be a newly designed one). it Won't cost Mitsu that much to replace I think.

And also we (07 owners) need to ask for the missing plastic cap of the seat bolt on the Right driver's seat.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

And also we (07 owners) need to ask for the missing plastic cap of the seat bolt on the Right driver's seat.
You could get one as a replacement part fromthe dealer. Not sure about cost, I got mine free from the dealer, but don't ask me how.

While I can anticipate the answer, do you guys have the low washer fluid indicator in the US? I found out the hard way that I don't haveit- I ran out of washer fluidwhen I need it without warning.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM

I can't read the oil level unless I check it first thing in the morning before I start it. It has to sit for hours to get a correct reading.

Why is everyone complaining about the low washer fluid level lol?! What did you all dobefore it was invented? You should be able to judge how low you are by how often you use it.

I dont really have any complaints beside the dipstick so far. If I had complaints I would of bought something else.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM

Things I hate about my LS:

That the doors don't auto lock at 10MPH
That the alarm doesn't arm with just one push of the remote
That I can't auto roll up/down all of the windows from the driver's console
That I can't close and lock the top rear hatch independent of the bottom
That the car will downshift when climbing up hill when in "manual" and cruise engaged WITHOUT displaying the shift
That I cant take the back seats out without a wrench
That my seat makes my butt go numb on long trips
That I have to drive 60 on the freeway if I want mileage over 25MPG (commute is a short 14 miles and pretty flat)

Over all, these are all prettyminor. [/align]

Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Why is everyone complaining about the low washer fluid level lol?! What did you all dobefore it was invented? You should be able to judge how low you are by how often you use it.

I dont really have any complaints beside the dipstick so far. If I had complaints I would of bought something else.
I think I was the only one noting this and it's not really a compalint but more of an annoyance. It took me 9 months to realize I don't have this indicator so you go figure how important it is.
This is just a feature that I take for granted since all the cars I had over the past 7 years, old and new(4 in total) had this feature.
On the other hand, I don't have a problem with the dipstick.

And, no, I personally do not regret one bit buying the Outlander and I would buy it again without blinking.

Quick Reply: what do you hate?