New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

mitsubishi outlander cvt flushed with wrong fluid help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:17 AM
Default mitsubishi outlander cvt flushed with wrong fluid help!

mechanic flushed and replaced transmission fluid with a non cvt fluid i realized later that day it was wrong ! and had driven the car all day with no issues , so i immediately took it to mitsubishi to get a flush and the correct fluid they advise me i they need to drop the pan and change filters . can this help removing the atf oil ? what else can i do to make sure all atf fluid is gone ?
btw i asked if the transmission oil is green ( j1 )and they told me its the red one .

Old 04-23-2018, 03:07 PM
Default Have them drain and flush at least twice

Changing the filter is all they could do. But have them Drain and flush at least twice just for good measure. These new CVT's are tougher than what it seems. It's not Nissan! LOL

Old 04-23-2018, 06:25 PM

How/Why...did the "Mechanic"use the wrong fluid...the first thing a good shop does is check the computer for the correct fluids and service intervals for any car that comes in the shop...or at least they should...If your CVT goes south...you know what those units cost to replace?...yikes...hopefully a COMPLETE flush(s) and filter change will save you.

Best of luck...and I would be having a word with the owner of that shop...just sayin