New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New, Broke, Need Help (Summers HOT) A/C is too!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Default New, Broke, Need Help (Summers HOT) A/C is too!

Sorry I am new here so wanted to introduce myself.

name is Lee and I am broke and struggling. Wife just left me and im not in my home state, trying to save up to move back home and got this little lancer.

Mitsubishi Lancer 03 so i can save on gas...
Well the AC went out i think, stopped blowing cold. not to mention the HOT/COLD switch has always been kinda hard to turn around when you get to the top inbetween them area (understand that)? And now also, the selector that tells where the air will blow, doesn't really work, i can turn it all the way left and it kinda slings a big back but not much. Same happens when I turn it to the right.

Its blowing hot air out now and thats been happening for about a month. I dont have any money but i know i seen at walmart you can get a can of like freon or something and it also might fix leaks?

Im not a car person thats why I am turning to you guys, please help and I will promise to repay anyone with a trade in services. im sure someone would benefit as much as i would from your help.

My services are :
Graphic Design, Music Production, Programming, Website design, Video Editing, Photography, Flash design. Pretty much anything multimedia. I can even write your wife or husband a lovely song just anything to trade cause I am so dead broke and struggling right now so I can atleast make it back home and away from the woman that left me here in her damn state.....

Anyone have any ideas or what I should do? And should I go get that thing and walmart? Also, i dont even know what to plug it into and make it fill up so I would need all the help I can get in getting this to work.

Dont believe I can repay you some how? Here is my portfolio : http://portfolio.337studios.com

And if you need to see, here is my car http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1349863

LOL.Anyway, nice to meet you guys so far and hope to come back for some fun discussion in the future!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: New, Broke, Need Help (Summers HOT) A/C is too!

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:47 AM

Welcome to the board Lee. We'll try to help you the best we can.
One thing I would check are the cables that connect the dials to the control box located behind the radio and under the inner dash area. It just sounds to me that the cable are binding back there. I've even done that myself once or twice, so that's what it sounds like to me.
I'm assuming that this car was bought used and that's why I'm going to assume that the cable(s) is bound up on something. The original owner may have had a stereo in there and then removed it and just didn't fix the routing of the cable.

As for the A/C, you are likely correct about a leak. Dried o-ring seals will cause this to happen. If you can get an ultraviolet flashlight and yellow goggles, you should be able to find the leaking seal. Before you do that though, check the lines for any discoloration because the new stuff will usually have a dye that will show up visibly without UV light. If anything, WalMart does sell the oil like you saw, just be sure to read the instructions and follow them vigilantly.

I hope that helped some.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Old 04-27-2008, 12:18 AM

Thanks for the welcomes and the help...

One last question, if i get this freon refill thing that might also fix leaks on my car, where is the valve or whatever i need to connect it to? Under the hood near the front left tire cause i see some things around there that seem like it might fit or something lol. Also whats the dangers of doing this stuff?

Old 04-27-2008, 05:36 AM

I don't know where they are in Lancers, but the nipples should be labled with a colored cap and those caps should have an "L" and an "H" for low (low pressure side) and high (high pressure) side....don't touch the high side, only the low side. There could be a couple of places to find the low side. One is close to the a/c compressor and the other is by the condensor (little cylinder with a glass circle on top...if it's green, it's good, if it's black, it's not good). Another place to look is inbetween, lol. It is kind of vague, but there really isn't too many places to put those nipples and it is on an aluminum line and not a rubber line.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:47 AM

So thats what those H and L stand for..... welcome to the forums lee

Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 PM

I looked at the car, found the H and the L and towards the front of the car I seen the little box thingy with the glass top, that was circular.... But it was black, no color. I even turned on the car and tried the AC and still no color to it. What does this mean and can you guys help me if thats bad? What do I have to do? Summer is coming and its getting hotter and i feel like im going broker and broker.