Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DEAD throat

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Default DEAD throat

Here's a lil rant about how a stupid mistake can hurt you, and how BAAAD burnt oil is for you

Last sunday we tried going up to yuma to buy some stuffies in a friends vw bug (yeah the old herbie type) in the middle of the road (basically 30 miles away from any city on both directions) a lil vacuum hose decides to get trapped on the timming belt, the f**ker then jammed and BOOM! it snapped, if you've had any experience working with a bug you know its only the crank and the alternator, me forgetting EVERYTHING about them vw's i though it would be a good idea to turn around and try to get as close as posible to calexico... DUMB idea, the bug is aircooled and the fan is on the other side of the alternator, not engaged electrically, but mechanicaly, so obviously it wasnt turning, we almost got intoxicated with burnt oil when he decided to remind me about that lil issue... x_x we basically got left 16 miles away from our city... (lemme know if you wanna hear about the ride home)

It hurrrts,its all sore and even with vocalization exercises cant get the rough feeling out of it..., band rehearsal in a couple days and i suck

Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Default RE: DEAD throat

Hey, I've experienced that before, just not as severe as yours though
Sorry bro, that does suck. Perhaps some throat lozenges might sooth the scratchy feeling though.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Bummer.

Stupid air cooled VW.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 PM

ride home part would be interesting to hear.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:52 AM

yeah, hahaha stupid air cooled -_- and i drank some chamomille tea with lime and honey it makes wonders, even though i still dont have my voice back and the warm ups for singing dont really help that much... i still taste oil x_X

The ride home part was because we pulled out of the road and got away from a smoking car sooo fast a guy in a cherokee thought it was on fire or something, so he parked and tried to help in an adrenaline rush (sooo funny) he calmed down, we calmed down the car stopped smoking and then he gave us a ride back to the nearest city, calexico, he drove at like 76miles or something like that, and after traveling in the bug at around 50ish i swear i could say we were freaking flying..... nonetheless, it was a fun experience, and we got to be lazy under one of the bridges (actually the only bridge) on the highway to yuma fun, but throat cutting...

Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 AM

sorry to hear about it bro, hope you feel better soon. Theraflu... does wonders for anything, and i'm pretty sure they have one for throats also.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Trust me for the throat lime and honey is the way to go, voice came back today, but i still cant sign for my life... and on top of that haha, i had an accident at work, i hit my head against a steel beam... im still dizzy. . . way to go alex!!