Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

RANT about potheads!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Default RE: RANT about potheads!

Listen, ok, we've heard points of view and all that, and ALL of them are right so far... but lets just be sincere, theres isnt anyone born yet that is responsible enough to sustent a drug addiction NO ONE!, caffeine is a drug, rite, but it doesnt get you high, sure wired, but it doesnt affect your senses... there are thousands of drugs, youd be amazed of the quantity of food containing thoujone (sp o_O) which is what marijuana and absinthe have in common. i would have no problem whatsoever with drugs if there wasnt people who steal, kill or do awful things just to sustain a vice... my point of view

Old 04-18-2007, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock
ok so what is your take on my manager(managers assitant) trying to sell me a 15 year old kid weed?
Prosecution.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 AM

So far everybody has brought up some very valid points in this discussion. I will repeat I do not condone smoking pot [/i][/b]However, I am a Nurse and I can assure you that weed is not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol! Period why, do you think they are trying to give it to Cancer patients. The only reason it is illegal is BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT CAN NOT CONTROL THE MONEY MADE OFF OF IT!! DavidmitsusrockI think that you are looking at your personal experiences and making a judgment based on that assumption which is not a very good thing to do all the time. I am not trying to start a fight or anything just speaking for the heart. I feel it is good young people are saying no to drugs. Yes, weed can be a Gate Way drug for some people however, when you take a deeper look most of those people that try more potent drugs tend to people with easily addictive behavior in the first place, those people are called high risk. The only people who should work under any influence are artist such as writing, painting, drawing or music something that will not affect another person. If you are in a service industry, healthcare, or anything like that being high and working is wrong and dangerous! Hell, I feel nothing that only hurts yourself should be against the law. But, that is a whole other debate.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM

Well said, Nubian.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Pot hurts your body...morals have everything to do with it....smoking weed is an immature stupid thing to do. It is so sad when people try to defend drugs...drugs are irresponsible no matter how you look at it...if you were a manager of a business would you want all of your employees to smoke pot? no because that makes it more likely for them to be lazy and undependable....
if this is how you feel than that is fine and i -for the most part- agree. but in the same breathwith the effects of weed being on the same level as acahol it would be hypocritcal to say this if you drink or have ever drank alcahol. as Nubian explained, the only reason they havne't/won't legalize marijuana is because they can not tax it and uncle same is a greedy bastard. smoking weed once in a while is the same thing/just as iresponsibleas having a casual beer once in a while with dinner.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Yes, as someone stated previously, you cant believe everything you hear in D.A.R.E.... remember at one time the Govt told people smoking cigarettes was completely healthy and glamorous. The people behind the DARE program are also the same people that take working cancer meds off the market then sell Roxys/OCs to the people suffering without it.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM

As long as they don't try to push it upon someone else then thats fine, But then again how often do you hear in the news that a pothead has robbed a store or murdered someone for their fix...

Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Danigurl06

As long as they don't try to push it upon someone else then thats fine, But then again how often do you hear in the news that a pothead has robbed a store or murdered someone for their fix...
I agree with the "pushing" thing. The second part I find true also, but.....the one thing that I've experienced in my lifetime is that pot, for some but not all, is a stepping stone onto harder drugs. My ex used to smoke pot and she moved onto the harder stuff, even as I bitched and yelled about her to not do it. She "tried" it once and was hooked!! She's gone downhill since then. Also, note that her other pothead friends shortly followed. That high pot gave them apparently wasn't enough that they wanted more...what a downward spiral...

I admit that in high school I tried pot for a month and just got sick of being hungry and paranoid! I was even literally given the stuff because of who I hung out with......not worth it, IMO. I don't think I ever knew a rich kid with pot before...probably because they moved on to the harder stuff because they have money, lol.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Danigurl06

It doesn't happen...cause they are too stoned to get off the couch.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM

Yeah it could be a stepping stone to harder drugs I watch my brother go through it for my entire life. But thats there choice. Some people choose to move on to harder stuff considering the influences that they are around. But as long as they are around good people and don't get off of the couch then that should be fine.