2000 montero random no power to fuel pump - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:13 PM

Default 2000 montero random no power to fuel pump

I have a 2000 mitsubishi montero and im having a nightmare problem with, it started randomly dying while driving down the road, and it would start back up, then one day I was eating out and after dinner it would not start had it towed home, come to find out no fuel was being pumped to the engine from the fuel pump, the pump is not getting power, Ive replaced the pump, the fuel pump relay, the fuel consumption unit, the cam and crank sensors, the pcm, and still no fuel I'm completely stumped??? Hope someone can help.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Hmmm...maybe a bad wire. Next time you have it running pull and wiggle all the wires you can find under the hood and frame. I live in the country and had bad rodent issues until I got 4 cats and feed them very little. Now they are natural born killers.

Did you find cause?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:26 PM

Default Unbelievable

[QUOTE=wilde;316059]Hmmm...maybe a bad wire. Next time you have it running pull and wiggle all the wires you can find under the hood and frame. I live in the country and had bad rodent issues until I got 4 cats and feed them very little. Now they are natural born killers.

Did you find cause?[/QUOTE

Omg that is so funny about the cats we live in the country also and I have 3 natural born killers----anyway Monty problem, so I'm thinking it's a wiring issue also I starting pulling the engine wiring harness and OMG to my surprise some idiot cut and spliced and cut and spliced ski the ground wires where the harness goes through the bulkhead down by the pcm I will post a picture
Old 04-13-2017, 11:58 PM

No It still isn't running I think it must be a bad or broken wire somewhere
Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 PM

Default I have 2002 montero sport

[QUOTE=njoehow246;319836]No It still isn't running I think it must be a bad or broken wire somewhere[/QUOTE hey im having issues i need help with. My montero runs great on the highway but in town after driving 20 min on the road it stalls and dies sometimes.....i restart and it does it again. If not doesnt die and has low idle i give it more gas and it kicks in but i hear knocking sound around the back of the vehicle and smell rich gas smell. I replaced the fuel pump and filter and still doing the samething. Please help?
Old 11-02-2017, 09:40 PM

I had this problem with mine and the fuel injectors were leaking had to replace all of them