Report in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Default RE: Report in!

ORIGINAL: Patrick

well, my idea was a hierarchy of sorts. i would remain the admin, and you two would become asst. admin...then we would have moderators, be it site or section.

i have no problem with making joel or eclipsedu...my problem with joel is that he has a huge link to another forum in his sig, and that makes this forum look pretty bad to vendors, or new members that a moderator is actively endorsing another forum..especially another mitsu forum. thoughts?

eclipsed4u looks like a fine choice to me...
I think doing it this way might be best. I know every morning before I go to work I come on here and read almost every new post or thread, I dont always post in them but just to make sure they should stay and I do the same when I get home as well. I go threw just about every thread a sang I see in alot of them as well.

As far as the site I know when I first joined here this place was full of missinfomation really bad and that honestly is whay kept me here, I rarley posted in the beginging I would only post on Tech problems and wrongful or misleading info that I coulf correct. I for the most part that has phased out which is good.

How many new Mods are you looking at appointing? Like Sang said we need to have mods that at least log in and post regularly. aside from that it wont be like demotin anyone because the only mod who is one alot other than us is DSMtalon and he sticks tothe eclipse section and FI section so im sure it wouldnt bother him.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Well on the case of Joel_CA I think if you talk to him about being a Mod and ask him to remove the add for the other forum he likely won't have a problem with it (While you're at it please ask him to resize that thing I mean SHEESH it stretches my screen and I'm at 1076x680 SHEESH lol)... I think the tier is going to be what is going to be necessary as well as making sure he mods electronically read and sign an agreement maybe in the mods only section saying that they acknowledge thier responsibilities and understand if the responsibilities aren't being met that they will be removed from modland and returned to regular member land again. I know when I first joined I popped on here cuz I got that Eclipse (Yes my baby in FL) and I only stayed here didn't really check things until I finally got into learning more and more about the car and what was going on with it. Then I started being more regular and yeah alot of misinformation was going around I also tried to straighten things up. Now the activity has dropped down again and truthfully I would like to think it's partially because we did a damn good job of putting out good info and people aren't NEEDING to post as much anymore. (Seriously go through some of the posts how many times have I had to diagnose hunting and recommend the IAC motor LOL).

Truthfully I think with us as assistant admins with the activity we maintain on the forum about all we need is sectional mods. I think giving the mods a smaller chunk to deal with will help them in the long run. That way we have a mod that knows what he's talking about in each section. I know before I was a mod I looked at the mods posts almost like words from god. You know what I mean? They're a mod they've obviously been here a while and KNOW WTF they're talking about. So I think having a mod that specializes in thier particular section and also possibly posting the Mod's name in the section title so that everyone knows who is modding where. It'll be not only a moral booster for the mod and the members but also give some direction to someone that knows what they're talking about. Just an idea...

Old 02-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Sang I agree 110% with that

AS I clook at it I think it should go something like this (just tossing in ideas)

Mitsu general chat - JoeL
Tech Help - Joel
Eclipse section - DSMTalonAWD, and Eclipsed4u - most popular 2 would be good here
EVO section - Unsure beside me it is small anyway
Lancer section - Unsure I could if need be
outlander - Wicked outlander I suppose
3000GT - NESpeed
Galant - MrJayDeeOne, DryBear, and or maybe Joel again (he posts there a bit)
Montero - Never looked in there no dont know
Endevour - Never looked in there no dont know
Diamante - Never looked in there no dont know
Intake Headers and exhaust - Maybe slow420A
Internals - MAybe Slow420a again he is good with NA build ups as well as 420A turbo knowledge
FI section - NESpeed, DSMtalonAWD
and so on. I think that would be great running it similar to that and I tried to find the best members for each section

Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM

I honestly think the Mistu general chat and tech section should have 2 Mods but I wasnt sure who to stab in there

Old 02-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Administrator

mrdeejayone is a mod at galantforums, which is run by prophet, who used to be a moderator here, but he was plugging his forum, casually, and one of the vendors complained about it...and when i asked him about it, he stepped down and pretty much stopped posting...

as for joel, what about his sig?

Old 02-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Well Drybear has some good knowledge galant wise his is turbod.

Joels sig is way to big for one it needs to be smaller and im sure if he became a mod he would take down the link to the other site

Old 02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Joel's sig is just way too big my screen tries to resize when I pull a post up with him in it. It just needs resized a bit smaller. I think MrDeeJayone would be a good mod for the galant section. I could take on the audio/visual and fs/want sections as well as regional southern. Adn damn I feel so left out now not naming me for the Mod of the Eclipse section J/K I know more about engines in general just I find the Eclipse section the one I hang in cuz I own one LOL...

Old 02-14-2006, 06:38 PM

Ya well I was just tossing in ideas. The eclipse section is where I spent all of my time befroe I was a mod I never left that section because I have owned to 3Gs and worked on a few DSMs. I mean I dont expect it to look like how I listed it I was just going with people who I thought maybe would be willing and able to do a good job.

I think by spliting it up like that will be a step in the right direction so each moderator only has power in their own areas. and they can stick to it, if they have a problem with something somewhere else they can post or PM the moderator of that section

Old 02-14-2006, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick
my problem with joel is that he has a huge link to another forum in his sig,
I have a link in my Sig that doesnt even work (not sure if that is looked down on) but it will eventually be a link showing out work and what we are working on. we are opening a performance shop. we used to have a forums section on the site but I selive that is long gone this is a few years old now.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Administrator

well, my concern with that is a similar issue to the issue with prophet..he has a performance shop, and his company was competing with forum sponsors...is this going to become an issue with you? or are you going to be an actual performance shop, not a part sales shop?

and as for joel, his sig is a link to a forum..which is a problem...it would be different if it was fordrangerforum.com..but its another mitsu based site...and its huge..lol

Quick Reply: Report in!