This is why we wear seatbelts....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Default RE: This is why we wear seatbelts....

this thread is way more complicated then it needs to be........ [>:]

Old 06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: *~Daaaamn~*

Umm...it rained and they hydroplaned, lost control and hit a van. the only way they could've identified frankie was through his tattoos and dan through his DNA...they got that ****ed up. And i'm pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose...they were intelligent guys, just not smart enough to wear their seatbelt.
I dont see rain as an excuse though. Ive been driveing for a lond time now and I have been in the worst terenchle down poors and driven through 4 inches of rain and never had a problem controlling any car ive owned. look when it rains hard you slow down your speed. You gotta be going fast to hydropain and not be able to save it. I have hydroplaind ..everyone has you dont lose control that bad. Only thing Ican think is they felt the car pull to the right like it always does when hydroplaining and the driver jerked the wheel really hard but even then I stil cant imagine the car shotting across a meadien or anything.
Well let's disect THIS one shall we?... Don't see rain as an excuse? What is asphalt made from? Did you know that OIL is a prime ingedient? THUS the reason roads are slick when rain starts. Now you've been driving a long time... NEVER lost control? I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. but fine there is STILL the experience on your side. And obviously due to your PREVIOUS statement of NEVER having lost control you DON'T know what it takes to lose control NOR how hard it is to regain it. I've slid on black ice, hydroplaned, went offroad in snow doing a mere 25! MPH. But no according to Emonz we have to be going FAST to hydroplane. There are plenty of things that can contribute to hydroplaning. Try driving with bald tires, tires of different sizes. I've hydroplaned merely making a turn from a dead stop. Christ do you even DRIVE in bad weather??? And once you start planing there IS no stopping it until you hit a non waterlogged surface. Try doing some research hell even TEST the theory in an empty parking lot one day. And a median isn't ALWAYS 6' wide. We have medians here that are mere inches but they are STILL medians. I may be wrong on this BUT I think even the double lines count as the median in legal terms. So how about looking things up before you dismiss someone's death and being stupidity.

Seriously this isn't a freakin matter to be calling people stupid for happening. If they had all survived then fine call 'em stupid but 2 people just DIED and you could care less... This thread is DONE.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

ORIGINAL: *~Daaaamn~*

Umm...it rained and they hydroplaned, lost control and hit a van. the only way they could've identified frankie was through his tattoos and dan through his DNA...they got that ****ed up. And i'm pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose...they were intelligent guys, just not smart enough to wear their seatbelt.
I dont see rain as an excuse though. Ive been driveing for a lond time now and I have been in the worst terenchle down poors and driven through 4 inches of rain and never had a problem controlling any car ive owned. look when it rains hard you slow down your speed. You gotta be going fast to hydropain and not be able to save it. I have hydroplaind ..everyone has you dont lose control that bad. Only thing Ican think is they felt the car pull to the right like it always does when hydroplaining and the driver jerked the wheel really hard but even then I stil cant imagine the car shotting across a meadien or anything.
Well let's disect THIS one shall we?... Don't see rain as an excuse? What is asphalt made from? Did you know that OIL is a prime ingedient? THUS the reason roads are slick when rain starts. Now you've been driving a long time... NEVER lost control? I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. but fine there is STILL the experience on your side. And obviously due to your PREVIOUS statement of NEVER having lost control you DON'T know what it takes to lose control NOR how hard it is to regain it. I've slid on black ice, hydroplaned, went offroad in snow doing a mere 25! MPH. But no according to Emonz we have to be going FAST to hydroplane. There are plenty of things that can contribute to hydroplaning. Try driving with bald tires, tires of different sizes. I've hydroplaned merely making a turn from a dead stop. Christ do you even DRIVE in bad weather??? And once you start planing there IS no stopping it until you hit a non waterlogged surface. Try doing some research hell even TEST the theory in an empty parking lot one day. And a median isn't ALWAYS 6' wide. We have medians here that are mere inches but they are STILL medians. I may be wrong on this BUT I think even the double lines count as the median in legal terms. So how about looking things up before you dismiss someone's death and being stupidity.

Seriously this isn't a freakin matter to be calling people stupid for happening. If they had all survived then fine call 'em stupid but 2 people just DIED and you could care less... This thread is DONE.
Sang you must not have read what I wrote. Yes I drive in bad weather have you ever seen the florida rain? like i said at time you will have 2-4 inches on the ground and I have been in more snow than most people on this forum No I never lost controll of my car in the rain, snow that is very easily differnt. I said medians on highways are most cases 50 yards not all of them. Yes I know there is oil but it is only the most slick for the first 30 mins of being wet. I understand all the things with bald tires ect ect BUT with normal tires on a highway you should hydroplain all 4 wheels of the road unless you going faster than you should be with the condition of the road. I have never hydroplainned a car to get all four tires off the surface maybe 1 or two it takes more than 30MPH to get all 4 tires to come up, and no I havent lost controll of my car, By loosing controll I mean spinning it around I have had the EVO go sideways plenty of times not even on purpose but that to me doesnt count because I still had my car to the point I would loose it. You cant come in here and tell me they were going 40-55MPH That is def not the case man. I dont see why I need to "do some research" on what im talking about I know exactly what I am talking about. Why dont you read the entire thread before calling me out because you aparently havent read anything else I wrote other than that one post.

My thing it there is no doubt they were going faster than they should have been other wise they would probly not have crossed a highway median or hydroplainned on the higway. Like i said highways are designed for water to flow off, and Yes I understand people died in this accident and no that doesnot change my mind. I have had plenty of people close to me die from this same exact BS that is why I am making my point known I feel the same way about my own friends. I watched a kid I went to school with die right in front of me he was being stupid crashed head on with someone. I got out to see if he was alright . He gasped then went limp When I looked at him his body was cut straight in half from his pelvic area down was ripped off and on the other side of the front of the car and as you can imagine there was blood EVERYWHERE. Now that was like a 50MPH head on collision Amber says they had almost no way to identify these kids in this instance, do you think they were going fast? I do

My point is I think this should be talked about in this matter not because I dont care cuz I am sorry anyone has to go threw that but some people have no clue what they are up against when it comes to road conditions and driving. I know there are alot of people on this site younger than me and they probablly do alot of stupid things like I did when I first got my license. Might as well try to make this type of thing hit home to others beside people who were friends of the 2 kids here. I have been in ambers shoes with this as everyone is at some point in life and what do you want this to be a oh im sorry to hear that Amber where no one really understands that yes this can be any of us on a daily basis.

So I dont want to keep saying it but I am sorry for those who lost a friend and I am sorry if my replies are not understood and seem ignorant or out of line but I think that it should be talked about.

And I was NOT caller these kids stupid I was saying they were stupid behind the wheel which is meant to be taken in a different way then it seems to be taken. Either way they almost killed 6 other people how can that not bother anyone else but me?

Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 PM

lmao the admins are arguing

Old 06-08-2006, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: reacted

Im not arguing here I just want him to get where I am coming from with this.. I dont think he actually read the entire thread since my post after what he quoted went into detail more about what I origanally posted because I guess I sounded careless and ignorant[&:]

Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 PM

well for one i agree with what your saying, its logical and fair lol. [8D]

Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: reacted

Im not arguing here I just want him to get where I am coming from with this.. I dont think he actually read the entire thread since my post after what he quoted went into detail more about what I origanally posted because I guess I sounded careless and ignorant[&:]
ummm...cause you are?

Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

There is a reason I closed this thread. This discussion is O V E R. PERIOD. Admin you may be but god you are not. The point I am making is instead of consoling someone that JUST lost 2 friends you call them stupid and insult the deceased??? No manners, no sympathy, and NO respect for loved ones. This is the LAST time I will be locking this thread. I don't expect to see it open again. EOT.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 PM

There is a reason I closed this thread. This discussion is O V E R. PERIOD. Admin you may be but god you are not. The point I am making is instead of consoling someone that JUST lost 2 friends you call them stupid and insult the deceased??? No manners, no sympathy, and NO respect for loved ones. This is the LAST time I will be locking this thread. I don't expect to see it open again. EOT.
Just so you know I dont even need to open it to post, I can post in closed thread without opening them. Dude your realy need to read I am not Disresecting any of them I did NOT call them stupid as a person just stupidity behind the wheel. I dont know what your problem is with this entire deal. I started with mysterio because he disrepects us then it turned into a mess.

SOOOO again as I said I AM SORRY for those suffer loss here but no I am not changing my point of veiw on this because I have seen it all time and time again

Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

Aren't you being a little hypocritical? You came in here out of know were and try and make yourself look all high and mighty, and don't even read the entire thread. You also come in here and make your ridicules points and close it! Leave it open so your stupid hypothetical points can be shot down. This whole thread is way out of hand, bottom line, what you all should be most remorseful about is the fact that those idiots injured and almost killed 6 other people. I feel terrible for those individuals, but thankfully they where not killed. I hope they all make a full recovery and nothing like this happens to anyone. IF you all want to keep arguing this, go to the state police, or local police and request a police report and find out that facts before you go even further!!!!! Since Amber is in the area I suggest she get her little self over and request one, and email it to those who really care. Note: If this crash is under investigation, which it is, you wont be able to get one till the investigation is over.

Quick Reply: This is why we wear seatbelts....