2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

4g63 vs 4g64

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by GSXTasy005
I know this thread is from 2007, but I still found it today. And I hate bringing up dead threads just as much as the next guy, but there is a lot of information in here that needs to get corrected, before someone looking at one of these cars gets the wrong idea.

4G64 did come as a 6-bolt, it was more commonly known as a G4CS block, it is found in 91-92 Hyundai Sonata's, and is an easier swap than the 7-bolt 4G64, that you can find in an 96-99 Eclipse Spyder GS (they didn't make Spyders in 95). I have heard, that there is a block that has the 4G64 etching, and is a 6-bolt. (I have never seen one with my own eyes)

The difference between the G4CS/4G64 engines and the 4G63 engines is more than just the length of the stroke (tho most of the added displacement comes from the 100mm crankshaft, as opposed to the 4G63's 88mm crank) the bore is also different.

the 4G63 head will fit on these blocks, and all the timing will line up just as if it were a 4g63 block. If the engine really was built by magnus then there is nothing to worry about. I would personally take anything from magnus motorsports that I could find! (I would still ask for receipts, if he couldn't get them to you then at least check the etched-in block code)

You CANNOT just take a 4g63 block and stroke it to 2.4 liters!!! These engines are already interference engines (if you don't know what that means then you should NEVER give someone engine advice, go look it up) and stroking it to 2.4L would drive the piston into the cylinder head.

The OP didn't put a lot of info in his original question, and that was his bad. But the rest of you shouldn't go on making wild-*** assumptions like you did. You were all wrong, none of you knew what you were talking about, and therefore, should NOT have posted any information on this. There wasn't a single person on this thread that went and researched a damn thing. I saw a bunch of "I thinks" on there. He didn't ask what you think, he asked what you KNEW!

I hope you idiots that didn't know what you were talking about didn't scare him away from this car, because it was an AWESOME find!!!
Lol reading your comment just detoured me from getting advice from this very dead forum in
General. I'm also on the integra forum and those guys are smart. If I have any questions i think I'd look there before here because eve
Though the cars are different, at least the people don't post assumptions. Lol I feel for the OP to if he missed out.