ok so i got my turbo on

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: ok so i got my turbo on

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well white smoke is coolant
YOUR RETARTED!!!!.... I doubt he is buring coolant... it is just running rich which ironically is white as well. grey or black is oil.

remember john all the smoke my car was blowing when it was overboosting. it was going so rich the car wouldnt move that was pure white smoke
mike your so mean.
Thats just me and john on a daily basis I am just messing with him and he does the same

Old 01-21-2007, 06:00 PM

yeah all of my fluid levels are normal and arent dropping. and it doesntblow smokein first gear but in other gears it will. So im gussing that my car is just going rich. as for sebba i never did hear any pop so i dont think andhoping its not a blown head gasket.
so if i turn down the boost would the car burn less rich or will i continue to have this problem until i tune it?
thanks forall ofthe info guys i really appreciate it

Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 AM

check your coolant level... also keep an eye on your engine temp. i just replaced my head gasket in my GS. symptoms were white smoke when starting and flooring, rougher idle, temp would rise at idle. there wasn't cooland all over the engine bay b/c of where the problem was, also coolant was getting into my oil and visa versa, when i drained my coolant to get my hoses off.... dark as can be. so check ur coolant.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM

Check your plugs and tell us what they look like.
Oh yeah, the color of a rich motor is a dark color, white indicates something bad, whether a head gasket issue or running lean.
I was running rich for awhile not too long ago and during shifts, my buddy's told me that I was blowing out black smoke. Your tailpipe will also have black soot on it and if your tailpipe is tucked under the rear fascia, it will turn black in that area.

Anyway, check your spark plugs, if they are white or a very light color, you're running lean. If they are dark and wet, you're running rich. If they are tanish/brownish and dry...you're good to go.

Going by your comment about turning down the boost...I'd say you're running lean.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Simss

white smoke and its boosting at 15psi and no wideband yet
but after i took it for another drive its doesnt seem to be smoking
also i had a boost controller hooked up to my old t25 but i didn't hook it up to the 16g because i wasnt sure how to
You will most likely have to connect the BCS from the wastegate valve to the bov (with a tee). Unless your charge pipe has a nipple...doesn't sound like it does though.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Oh yeah, the color of a rich motor is a dark color, white indicates something bad, whether a head gasket issue or running lean.

not when your drowning out in fuel. I did that in my EVO and seriously the white smoke I thought I blew the head gasket but my AFR read 10.0 it was even more rich than the gauge can read. the white smoke was so thick I couldnt see in my rear view.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Was that during a cold start on a cold day? Both my N/A motor and the motor I have now, did/do that.

After both motors were warmed up, the white smoke went away. Stock tune is always rich for some reason though, so it's hard to tell. But you are right about it being white...but I've only noticed it during cold starts on a cold day due to condensation, but never on a warm motor. Oh, and never to the point that it would nearly stall me.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

well his was just really overboosted and he isnt on stock tune cuz he tunes with the SAFC. But i forgot about what his car did when it was really rich. Cuz i was behind him watching to see and it really was huge clouds of smoke. Till he turned the boost down.