3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Horn and clutch problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Default Horn and clutch problem please help

I bought my car was which was in an accident on the front right hand side, but i had to replace both airbags and now my horn doesn't work i don’t know if this problem occurred before where the horn worked or not. Either way when i open the car i sometimes hear the clicking noise from the black fuse (guessing the relay) i was wondering if its a connection problem? also if you know the diagram to connect the horn i can check myself. Please help me out on this.
I read up some of the previous postings but i haven’t seemed to find my particular problem. I recently got a stage 2 fidanza clutch and lightweight flywheel. it struggles to get into first gear. When i’m driving i can shift perfectly no problem, but when im fully stopped and i try to put in on first it doesn’t click in smoothly. This happens when i reverse too. It almost feels like the teeth are off or something.
OH yah it also makes a humming noise when i rev a bit more from stop to moving. When i bled the clutch fluid it went away a bit but it comes once in a while, only when I rev a little bit. Some mechanics tell me its the clutch but its brand new. Others tell me that the clutch isn’t releasing properly. Can anyone help me on this, please?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM

try adjusting your clutch pedal so it engages higher up. also, check your ground for your horn to make sure its attached and not painted/corroded or anything like that

Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 AM

thanks estraw i will try that. hopefully it works.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Okey well i went to mr transmission and they informed me that my clutch pedal is in fact perfect and is not the problem. they feel that it may be an incorrect clutch in the car, or the slave cylinder, but are CERTAIN its the clutch

My car is a 2004 eclipse gt-p 3.0 litre v6. Does any of you have a stage 2 FIDANZA clutch and light weight fidanza flywheel? I searched the fidanza products and don't see the clutch for my car. I also remember the company sending me a clutch that didn't even fit in, but the next clutch they sent me did. So if any of you know the problem please let me know what it is.

My problem is that the "clutch is not disengaging properly and is being dragged". this is what both the mr transmission guys told me as well as a dealership mechanic.

the clutch pedal adjustment is fine and also they said it might also be the hydaulic aka slave cylinder, which i highly doubt since it didn't have a problem when i had the OEM clutch before.

So please feedback will be GREATly appreciated, and from you also estraw