Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3Questions on an 89'Montero's 4x4, HeadlightWasher, and BackDoor Locker. Can any1 suggest? thx

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Default 3Questions on an 89'Montero's 4x4, HeadlightWasher, and BackDoor Locker. Can any1 suggest? thx

I have a 89 montero. Its working perfectly except for the 4x4, and back door. When I press the unlock or lock button for the back door, it doesn't do anything. After I press it about 45 times, it works, but only once. Then you have to keep pressing it again for it to work? What could be wrong?

On the 4x4 issue, a mechanic said something about a pin being missing. When I put it in 4x4, it makes weird sounds and shakes a little. Im too scared to test it. He said something was wrong.

And on the headlight washer, my car never came with it. The blinker sometimes didn't blink and I got a new switch for it. The new one came with a headlight washer switch? CAN I USE THE WASHER NOW? Or do I have to buy something else? Thanks. Please respond.

Old 10-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Default RE: 3Questions on an 89'Montero's 4x4, HeadlightWasher, and BackDoor Locker. Can any1 suggest? thx

rear hatch is probly a faulty relay or the wiring.............

Old 01-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Default RE: 3Questions on an 89'Montero's 4x4, HeadlightWasher, and BackDoor Locker. Can any1 suggest? thx

I have had problems with the rear latch and it turned out to be a plastic barrier they placed under the back trim.Remove it from around the inside latch and handle mechanism and oil your latch and it should work fine.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:31 AM

bump on this super old thread - my back door won't lock. When I hit the switch up front, I hear the mechanism click in the back, but the door isn't actually locked. The handle to open the door works fine from the inside and outside - the key will turn both left and right, but can't figure out how to get the lock to actually engage.

Also - I've got the problem with the automatic locks - what configuration will keep them from continuously locking themselves when I try to unlock it with the key from the outside (i don't have keyless). When I have the doors locked and try to unlock with the key, the lock will pop up when I turn the key but then automatically just go right back down.