Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with manually switching the car over to heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Default Help with manually switching the car over to heat

Hello everyone, I have an 03 lancer ES. The other day I was switching the car over to heat the and **** broke off with the shaft that turns the switch. I tried twisting it with some vice grips but it just broke off even more. Iv'e also tried the "L" plate behind the circuit board, that snapped as well. My question is how can I possibly get this car switched over to heat without ripping apart the dash, the unit looks like it could possibly be pulled out, but I haven't tried pulling it out yet. Any advice would be great because it's getting pretty cold outside.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:00 PM

dam this actually happened to my dads car, a 02 lancer....he had to replace the entire ac/heat dash section located under the radio which cost nearly 200 bucks...it was a pain to take everything out and replace with the oem part he ordered....try to locate a used cooling/ac compartment from a scrap yard or something...gl bro

Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by SuPeR FlYYY
dam this actually happened to my dads car, a 02 lancer....he had to replace the entire ac/heat dash section located under the radio which cost nearly 200 bucks...it was a pain to take everything out and replace with the oem part he ordered....try to locate a used cooling/ac compartment from a scrap yard or something...gl bro
LOL, so I could have beaten myself senseless over this. I talked to the dealers and of course they wanted about 800 to replace the whole unit. Well, I don't really care for the car at all and I was just looking under the drivers seat and I noticed a plastic switch. All you have to do is locate it under the drivers side, it's a plastic piece with a wire attached, you can move it back and forth and the shaft that connects to the **** will turn easily.