Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

boost controller install help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Default boost controller install help

hey guys this is my first post hopefully somebody can help me out. I've had a dsm for quite a while this is my first 3000gt, its a 94 vr4. i just bought a greddy profec b spec2. ive had prior experience with installs on dsms its nothing new to me. but im having a bit of trouble getting this controller to work on my vr4. ive got it installed on my car and i thought it was right but i cant seem to boost over 8psi. im guessing i didnt connect one of the vacuum lines right. the instructions say to tap one hose to the fuel pressure regulator, one to a pressure source, and one that leads to the wastegate actuators. ok the first two im sure are right i tapped into the fpr and i plumbed the othe to a vacuum line coming out of the back top of the intake manifold. the other hose i tapped into the one of the solenoids on the firewall. if youre looking at the firewall from the front of the car its the solenoid farthest to the right. i was told to tap into the upper hose and cap off the bottom hose on the solenoid, perhaps this completely wrong and i should smack the guy that told me this hopefully you guys can help me out. besides that every thing seems to be working right, i believe the gauge features seems to be working right b/c it says im running like 7 to 8psi and the car feels slow as hell, so i hope you guys can help

Old 01-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Default RE: boost controller install help

The hose you tapped into off of the stock boost control solenoid should lead down the plastic vacuum/pressure hose distributor by the rear turbo. Take a peek back there and see (it should be a white "F" shaped tee). You can use the stock nipple on the back of the plastic Y pipe as a boost pressure source. Good Luck!

Joel, CA