Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

97 Diamante disconnected battery now won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Default 97 Diamante disconnected battery now won't start!

So we bought a 1997 Diamante with 80,000 miles a month ago. It's been running great, no problem.

The other night I couldn't get the driver door to open with the key (iced up--we're in MN). So I went to the passenger door and openend it with a key. The alarm system started going off.

I didn't know what to do to shut it off--(Yes, I have learned since that it will shut off in 3 minutes on it's own. And I didn't think of putting the key in the ignition)--so a visiting friend went out there and did a disconnect on the negative of the battery.

It hasn't started since. We reconnected the battery, and all is tight. Husband had pulled out horn fuse, but he put that back in.

What the heck do we do!?

Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM

I see nobody Has responded but I'm going to put in my 2 cents before you waste money.

Try setting the alarm off the same way, except this time use the key to shut it off. Try the driver door lock or the ignition. Unlock or lock the door, if not then try and use the wireless remote (if you have one).

Maybe it put itself in theft mode? If that exists on these cars. Or you could have some weird problem like i had in a kia... listed below.

I have a 06 kia amanti and when i turned it off, I went to start it again and it wouldnt work (I had been jumping the car because it was dead)

The car would turn over but not fire, I couldnt hear the fuel pump even though fuses and wires checked out fine so I figured it was the fuel pump. over 340 bucks later and it was the same problem.... Ended up I had to get the key re-programmed because when I lost power it forgot it??? Stupid Kia's...

Anyways so Have you been jumping the car? or had low voltage?
Check your terminals.

Try listening to the fuel pump when you turn the key, does it turn on? If not then mayeb you have the same issue I did.

Worth a shot.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM

Hi,

Got Diamante, hope you got a remote for keyless entry key. Diamante has its immobilizer and anti theft feature. Based on what you happen to your Diamante, seems your in theft mode. I don't know how to solve or no idea, solicit idea from other sites or contact your local Mitsubishi Dealers. Having a remote entry key seems will help you a lot in the future. So, if everything is back to normal please have one.
Good luck..

Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rame2013
Hi,

Got Diamante, hope you got a remote for keyless entry key. Diamante has its immobilizer and anti theft feature. Based on what you happen to your Diamante, seems your in theft mode. I don't know how to solve or no idea, solicit idea from other sites or contact your local Mitsubishi Dealers. Having a remote entry key seems will help you a lot in the future. So, if everything is back to normal please have one.
Good luck..
Thats the weird thing... I DO have the remote... and it works.
I changed the battery and its the same story now.. original and the spare key i made both dont work. The keyless works though.

guy should come program it today or so.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:30 PM

Good Luck, after the program tap the hood and say Happy Christmas.. It will work..

Happy Holidays Mitsubishi Owners!