Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander bottoming suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Talking 2007 Outlander bottoming suspension

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I am looking for some help on my 2007 Outlander.
Shortly after purchasing the vehicle, we noticed the suspension making noise. We bought the vehicle in November and it wasn't very cold out yet. When it did get colder, we could hear the suspension making noise over bumps like it is bottoming out. We took it back to the dealer in Winnipeg, but of course could not duplicate the problem there.
We have large frost heaves where we live and this is when it is noticable, but we couldn't get it to do it for the dealer. This was back in early 2008, and I have not been back to the dealer for that problem yet.
It does seem to be getting worse over time though.
I also find the rear suspension to be too soft, like when on the highway and you put it to the floor to pass someone, the rear squats and the front wheels seem to get very light. This is quite dramatic and seems unsafe to me. However this is one of those issues that we didn't notice on test drive. I personally think the rear springs are too soft.
I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, and if there is any advise. I did try to search first but couldn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks for your help!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:06 AM

You could try out some spring coil air bags as mentioned in this thread about a saggy back end because of the added weight of towing.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21237

You could see if that gives you a better feel. It would be a less expensive way to decided if you want to replace or upgrade your suspension.

Most of the rear suspension threads are actually about towing since the tongue weight affects the vehicle.

I don't know if the suspension is part of the power train warranty - but I would doubt it.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Same deal on mine. I even have thread going about the noise when going over bumps

Old 04-13-2010, 02:23 PM

This should be covered under the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, if only I could duplicate the problem for the dealer.
That being said, the dealer that I bought from is very reluctant to do any thing for me under warranty. It seems I have to start screaming before they will try and help.
Anyone else have this problem??

Old 04-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bomberfan
This should be covered under the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty, if only I could duplicate the problem for the dealer.
That being said, the dealer that I bought from is very reluctant to do any thing for me under warranty. It seems I have to start screaming before they will try and help.
Anyone else have this problem??
Nope, not really. My dealer is great and fixes anything I want as long as there is a TSB for it. I had the various window, ECU, and other TSBs done just as a precaution. They only have to reproduce non TSB issues, as Mitsubishi wont pay for it unless they have evidence they can submit to get approval.