Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2010 Outlander USB/ipod issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Update - the iPod has started working. I used a 32GB USB stick for a while, but hadn't set up playlists and decided to give it another go. I plugged in the iPod but left the source as radio, just left it for a while. Next time I looked at the source selection screen, I noticed the button label said "IPOD". (the default for this button seems to be USB/IPOD - when there was a USB stick left in, it changed to 'USB'). On selecting it, the iPod worked.

Clearly we are guessing at the functionality of this thing, but it might be the case that it has to suss out the source BEFORE it can be selected.

Last edited by Red Kite; 05-15-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM

I have an older ipod 30gb and it's completely full. I have a 2011 outlander se and it does take a while to load... but it eventually kicks in after a few minutes. I miss my kenwood deck from my old car where the ipod function was instant access once the car was on.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM

I just bought an Outlander Sport 2011 with the rockford fosgate system. first thing i tried was connecting my iphone 4 with ios 4.3.3. I did not know there was an issue so i was very disappointed to find it would not work. I synced the iphone to the bluetooth, for phone calls, and since the website says it does not support bluetooth audio stream i didnt try it.

I recently formatted a usb drive and tried to get it to work, and it was a no go. as i was cycling back to the cd, BT Audio paused and started playing. it was playing musing from my phone. it does not display information but i can control the track using the steering wheel controls. this is a lot better than in my previous forester, it was connected using 3.5mm but i would have to change tracks by unlocking my phone and skipping the track.

i tried my sister in laws ipod classic. after about 5 minutes of loading it started playing, but the BT control would not recognize a usb device connected <?> the connection was flaky though. i was using an apple sync cable and any little movement would disconnect the ipod and cause it to reconnect.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM

I'm having the same issue but I don't think that it's the playlists because it worked for about a year and than one day with no changes it stopped working! Any other solutions?